Not Litrell's Fault But This Has To End.

8 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

He was red-shirted last year i know reading is tough! @MeanGreenMailbox

Unless you believe I was on the bench for that game.

I'm telling you right now he is better than any LB that we have on the roster right now.  He is going to get up close and personal with Jeffrey Wilson this year!

... and get a face-full of turf after getting stiffarmed to death.

Stop throwing rocks at the throne.  All will bow down to King Wilson this year.

amnQz1a.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I was on this board for at least 2 years bitching about how bad of a recruiter Mccarney was leading up to his firing. He was awful and it pisses me off just thinking that the man who put him in place is STILL here. It truly is a pitiful state over in that AD. A cluster effing joke to be 100% honest. 

The man who put Macarney in place was Lane Rollins and he is gone if you haven't noticed. RV wanted Chico.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, DallasGreen said:

The man who put Macarney in place was Lane Rollins and he is gone if you haven't noticed. RV wanted Chico.

Not buying it at all. 

If Littrell fails, then it will be Smatresk's fault. And on and on and on the Hattiesburg Hustler's train rolls along. Take credit for the very few good things, Blame the many bad things on others. 

Hustler hustling.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

5 hours ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Yes, I suppose time will tell.  What it will tell on the minuscule college football stage of UNT versus UTSA, I'm not quite sure, but....

It'll tell we were dumbasses in recruiting for not signing a kid down the road who had just won defensive POY,..just like we were dumbasses for not signing so many others we could have had.  

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, DallasGreen said:

I know you are not making excuses for RV.  However, it is the AD responsibility to hire athletic personnel.  If he can't sell his choice to his boss than he is just as responsible for the hire as if he was his first choice.   

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

It'll tell we were dumbasses in recruiting for not signing a kid down the road who had just won defensive POY,..just like we were dumbasses for not signing so many others we could have had.  

Rick

Look, you are talking about a kid with no other FBS offers.  We already have plenty of those on our roster.  You're now wanting to compare two rosters full of kids with only one FBS offer, such as UTSA and UNT have? 

And. what's more, to say we missed out because a kid ended up at UTSA...and who hasn't played a snap of college football yet? 

Nuts.

The goal of Littrell, hopefully, is to not have to entice kids without FBS offers.  That's the goal.  The goal isn't to sweep no offer kids away from UTSA.  

I mean, can we raise the bar just an inch or two?  Fighting about who got a no offer kid?

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

On 5/20/2016 at 0:25 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Look, you are talking about a kid with no other FBS offers.  We already have plenty of those on our roster.  You're now wanting to compare two rosters full of kids with only one FBS offer, such as UTSA and UNT have? 

And. what's more, to say we missed out because a kid ended up at UTSA...and who hasn't played a snap of college football yet? 

Nuts.

The goal of Littrell, hopefully, is to not have to entice kids without FBS offers.  That's the goal.  The goal isn't to sweep no offer kids away from UTSA.  

I mean, can we raise the bar just an inch or two?  Fighting about who got a no offer kid?

I don't know who you are, but I like you.  You my friend, speak the truth, and I appreciate that

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On May 20, 2016 at 0:25 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Not fighting anyone there FakeLonnieFishSmeller....or what ever it was you chose to put on the back of your jersey at the flag football game because I guess you didn't have the nads to face all of us here in person...?

We missed out on this kid and he's starting as a freshman at another school who has beaten us all but one time.  All I've done is simply point it out as Vitto did with the two local Softballers last week.  And I'll continue to point it out because we have a history of missing out on local kids,...plus it beats helmet sticker and uniform discussions any day.  

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: 68 tackles, 5.5 TFLs, 3 sacks, 1 INT (6 games)

One CUSA Defensive Player of the Week award under his belt. Third nationally in tackles per game. First among Freshman. Looks like a lock to be a Freshman All-American. Yeah, UNT missed out on a good one.

BTW MeanGreenMailbox, are you not aware of what a check represents? The Rivals link you provided to prove that he had one measly offer clearly shows that he had offers from other G5 schools. 

Edited by correcamino
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

10 minutes ago, correcamino said:

UPDATE: 68 tackles, 5.5 TFLs, 3 sacks, 1 INT (6 games)

One CUSA Defensive Player of the Week award under his belt. Third nationally in tackles per game. First among Freshman. Looks like a lock to be a Freshman All-American. Yeah, UNT missed out on a good one.

BTW MeanGreenMailbox, are you not aware of what a check represents? The Rivals link you provided to prove that he had one measly offer clearly shows that he had offers from other G5 schools. 

You are right. We missed. We knew of him. And the ignorant, old, amd unemployed staff didn't want him. Apparently, he wanted to be here and would be if an offer would have been put on his plate. Too bad he'll lose to his favorite team. Shame. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Aldo said:

Welcome to the 6 month old pity party. Must've taken some effort to find this thread.

Oh and 

xTiTnwqSVOmAL9nKOQ.gif

He's agreeing with the majority of us (and me mostly)...by simply pointing out how stupid we were to pass on that kid..further pointing out how pitiful McCarney's recruiting attitude was and for RV to allow it to continue to happen.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

He's agreeing with the majority of us (and me mostly)...by simply pointing out how stupid we were to pass on that kid..further pointing out how pitiful McCarney's recruiting attitude was and for RV to allow it to continue to happen.

I agree that you agree that he agrees with what you said.

We realized it before he played a snap, hell, before he committed to UT of SA. 

So now he comes on here and shakes his little tail feathers? No thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

34 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Was that the same class that we signed McNair and Finney?

McNair didn't work out, but I don't think there is any question that he was rated higher than the Lake Dallas kid. 

Glad to hear he is doing well, but hindsight is always 20/20. 

McNair was a late qualifier.  It's not like we signed him instead of Tauaefa.  We had already missed on Tauaefa when McNair signed.
It's OK though.   There's nothing we can do about that now.  I think most here can agree that the new staff has a much better focus on recruiting.   We may still miss on guys though.  But we're gonna hit on others.
But lamenting about the guys we missed is a continuation of the old way of thinking.   Time to move on y'all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Don't know about you all, but I am extremely happy with the play of Garner, Scott, Finney and the rest of our LB's this year.  These things go both ways.  Many said we missed on Bogenschutz (sp?), the QB from Carthage that signed with UTSA, yet he unfortunately ended up with injuries that ended his collegiate career.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/utsa/article/Tauaefa-s-work-ethic-skills-earning-quick-9969523.php

Reading that article is actually the reason I posted the update. There's a bit on there about GMG. And with the power of google it only took a couple of seconds to find the thread. Although after reading this thread, I don't think it's that negative towards him. I think the thread being referenced in the article is probably the one in the recruiting section of the forum.

Edited by correcamino

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 1:45 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I don't care where you sat, personally.  I'm just saying, if his offers were from the likes of us and UTSA, what's the difference?  He hasn't done a damn thing yet on the field, so I don't understand the upheaval.

There are a sh*t ton of kids who aren't heavily recruited, year in and year out.  So, what's the big deal?  The kid's brother goes off on twitter over a game between UTEP and UNT, and that's supposed to trigger some kind of remorse out of us? 

I mean, what kind of pitiful life must he be leading to take time out for that?  He's rehashing his older brother's recruiting woes through the one game misfortunes of the UTEP's, UTSA's, and UNT's of the college football world?  Wow. 

Recruiting trash talk among UTEP, UTSA, and UNT?  Does it get any more pathetic than that in the big picture of FBS football?   If that's what gets little brother hopped up, I'd drug test him immediately for the presence of meth, bro.

Seriously, step back and gain some perspective.   

Wouldn't say hasn't done anything...last I heard he was top 10 in the country for tackles and the top Freshman (by a lot) in tackles. His 10 Saturday didn't lead the team  but is respectable.

Just now, UTSA Fan said:

To this day, I read about the recruiting issues and can't figure out what was going on. Did Mac not build relationships with high school coaches?

Outside of Perry, none of the coaches really recruited. Mac had a staff that was old and on their last legs, they were cashing in checks and didn't care other than to coach. There's a reason Perry was the only coach retained. He's the only one who was a complete coach, and a good recruiter to boot

• Upvote 1