Dan Patrick and Bathrooms

Well said sir!

http://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/other-voices/article77959032.html

And instead of advocating for better pay and working conditions for CPS workers, he's doing this...

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20160517-editorial-state-needs-to-end-illegal-payments-to-ex-staffers.ece

It's Dan Patrick that should resign, not the FWISD Superintendent. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

At first glance, Mr. Smith's argument is a red herring.  But actually he has inadvertantly brought up the bigger issue.  It can be argued that children who identify as the opposite gender have psychological problems which need to be treated, and that to treat them with hormone therapy and possibly surgery to attempt to match their body to their perceived gender IS child abuse.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Stix said:

At first glance, Mr. Smith's argument is a red herring.  But actually he has inadvertantly brought up the bigger issue.  It can be argued that children who identify as the opposite gender have psychological problems which need to be treated, and that to treat them with hormone therapy and possibly surgery to attempt to match their body to their perceived gender IS child abuse.

This is the incomfortable truth. Celebrating the symptoms of mental illness is the societal norm these days. Forcing this agenda on a 7 year old is psychological abuse. Saying your 4 year old boy "identifies" as a girl is a cry for attention by THE PARENT. 4 year olds have no f'n clue what they "identify" as. 

Just another way a parent can use  and abuse their child to fulfill their need for attention.

Oh, and high school? Get ready for the smart high school boys to suddenly become "transgender" when they realize this will allow them and their girlfriend to sneak off to the bathroom together. 

Social experimentation with children is extremely dangerous.

Patrick had to "come out" on this issue. What did you hear about it before? Nothing. What say did parents whose kids attend FWISD have in the decision? None. His call for the job of the FWISD superintendent was designed to draw media attention to something they had not previously reported. Mission accomplished. 

At the same time, Patrick should be fighting for a huge boost in pay and manpower for CPS. That's the only way to solve the problem. Sad thing is people really don't want to hear about child abuse, so they will just replace management and declare everything better, meanwhile workers with degrees are getting paid $35k to carry 50 cases on their case load. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Hmmm...I'm feeling a little feminine today, so I think I'll grab me a dress and a wig and head on down to the women's showers. I'll just wait outside and follow the first hottie that walks in the door. No problem with that is there? Do these feelings officially qualify me as a lesbian? This is all getting so confusing.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

--- Let each school district handle it as they need to handle it .... At least one district out here has a policy to allow anyone who feel bullied or uncomfortable with the situation  to go to the nurses office and use the one there which is not labeled any gender... Seems to be the best solution..... It is nearly a non-issue anyway .... I have been in class-rooms 50 years [ public schools and college] and not one student  ( about 9000 later) I have ever had was  transgender that I know of....  Gay and transgender are a totally different issues .... those who consider themselves gay  use the "correct" restroom anyway.  Obama and politicians should have stayed out of it and let schools handle the situation and above seems the best solution for everyone. .. 

Re: Dan Patrick ... If he had his way he would have us teaching the world began 6000 years ago and some extremist church running our public schools... ..so which one do you want running schools.... , Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, Davidian, the El Dorado bunch, Mehodist, Church of Christ, 7th Day Adventice,  Quaker, Puritans (hanging those who disagree with them) , Amish, Mennoite..... or which .. they are not the same at all.   That is why we have freedom of religion.... We even had parents opposing "pep rallies" ... considered them idol worship .. lot of extreme nuts out there. 

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, foutsrouts said:

Hmmm...I'm feeling a little feminine today, so I think I'll grab me a dress and a wig and head on down to the women's showers. I'll just wait outside and follow the first hottie that walks in the door. No problem with that is there? Do these feelings officially qualify me as a lesbian? This is all getting so confusing.

Yep, and criminals ALWAYS take the least resistive path, and a huge door was just opened for them...

1 hour ago, SCREAMING EAGLE-66 said:

--- Let each school district handle it as they need to handle it .... At least one district out here has a policy to allow anyone who feel bullied or uncomfortable with the situation  to go to the nurses office and use the one there which is not labeled any gender... Seems to be the best solution..... It is nearly a non-issue anyway .... I have been in class-rooms 50 years [ public schools and college] and not one student  ( about 9000 later) I have ever had was  transgender that I know of....  Gay and transgender are a totally different issues .... those who consider themselves gay  use the "correct" restroom anyway.  Obama and politicians should have stayed out of it and let schools handle the situation and above seems the best solution for everyone. .. 

Re: Dan Patrick ... If he had his way he would have us teaching the world began 6000 years ago and some extremist church running our public schools... ..so which one do you want running schools.... , Baptist, Catholic, Jewish, Davidian, the El Dorado bunch, Mehodist, Church of Christ, 7th Day Adventice,  Quaker, Puritans (hanging those who disagree with them) , Amish, Mennoite..... or which .. they are not the same at all.   That is why we have freedom of religion.... We even had parents opposing "pep rallies" ... considered them idol worship .. lot of extreme nuts out there. 

Try to stay on topic without throwing out ultra liberal world views for once. 

You are right, no one was transgender because not only was there no benefit to being transgender, but publicly stating so could lead to some serious consequences. 

Now the pendulum has swung completely the other way. Now there is attention to be gained by declaring yourself transgender (Bruce Jenner, anyone?), now there is access to look at hot girls in your class naked to be had, now everyone will be told to celebrate your lifestyle and ridiculed and bullied if they don't. 

How about this. How about shutting up about it and not forcing stupid social agenda crap on 6 year olds. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

16 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Yep, and criminals ALWAYS take the least resistive path, and a huge door was just opened for them...

Try to stay on topic without throwing out ultra liberal world views for once. 

You are right, no one was transgender because not only was there no benefit to being transgender, but publicly stating so could lead to some serious consequences. 

Now the pendulum has swung completely the other way. Now there is attention to be gained by declaring yourself transgender (Bruce Jenner, anyone?), now there is access to look at hot girls in your class naked to be had, now everyone will be told to celebrate your lifestyle and ridiculed and bullied if they don't. 

How about this. How about shutting up about it and not forcing stupid social agenda crap on 6 year olds. 

Can I pass your sentiments on to Dan Patrick?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Can I pass your sentiments on to Dan Patrick?

He wouldn't have done what he did if the FWISD hadn't forced bathroom co-mingling of 5th graders on parents. Stupid and dangerous.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

19 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

He wouldn't have done what he did if the FWISD hadn't forced bathroom co-mingling of 5th graders on parents. Stupid and dangerous.

Yeah, I've heard of LOTS of complaints from parents about this issue before Dan Patrick started grandstanding about it. And since this is a FWISD policy, it's up to the locals to deal with this issue, not Mr. "get-me-on-the-news-whenever-possible". After all, isn't "local control" the mantra of all the right wing politicians?  Meanwhile, thousands of children in Texas go to bed hungry. Not to mention countless thousands who get abused every day( and killed) and NOT ONCE did this self serving, "pandering-to-the-weak-minded-voters" politician show up to any of the local CPS regional offices and express his outrage and commitment to make REAL CHANGE in CPS. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Yeah, I've heard of LOTS of complaints from parents about this issue before Dan Patrick started grandstanding about it. And since this is a FWISD policy, it's up to the locals to deal with this issue, not Mr. "get-me-on-the-news-whenever-possible". After all, isn't "local control" the mantra of all the right wing politicians?  Meanwhile, thousands of children in Texas go to bed hungry. Not to mention countless thousands who get abused every day( and killed) and NOT ONCE did this self serving, "pandering-to-the-weak-minded-voters" politician show up to any of the local CPS regional offices and express his outrage and commitment to make REAL CHANGE in CPS. 

Who "started grandstanding about it"?  The NC law was simply a response to an unconstitutional Charlotte city ordinance that was forced through by a new mayor.  Dan Patrick's comments were simply a response to our nation's self-appointed homosexual-in-chief.  If it's such a non-issue that the Lt. Gov. of Texas shouldn't waste his time on it, how much less the President of the United States?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

No doubt on the last part. Neither republicans or democrats want to put the massive amount of money annually into CPS that's needed to solve the problem. 

A few parents may have known, but it wasn't reported in the media. Whatever Patrick's motivations were, I'm glad he drew attention to an issue that FWISD had given parents ZERO input into. Yes, government should be local, but a local ISD that doesn't give parents input on an issue like this needs to be called out, and he has the stature to do so. 

Thats a good thing.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

48 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

No doubt on the last part. Neither republicans or democrats want to put the massive amount of money annually into CPS that's needed to solve the problem. 

A few parents may have known, but it wasn't reported in the media. Whatever Patrick's motivations were, I'm glad he drew attention to an issue that FWISD had given parents ZERO input into. Yes, government should be local, but a local ISD that doesn't give parents input on an issue like this needs to be called out, and he has the stature to do so. 

Thats a good thing.

Republicans because they are phobic about giving money to any governmental entity that doesn't tote guns.  And democrats are reluctant because they know they would be roasted in the media by the aforementioned "pandering-to-the-weak-minded-voters" Republicans. 

And it's never a good thing when Dan Patrick has a news conference. 

When are you (or everyone else who gives me negative points) going to fault him for being absent with his outrage regarding the real issues of Child Abuse and children dying?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, That_Guy_Arlo said:

What exactly is the alternative to the current rule of allowing people to use the restroom that aligns with their gender identity? I don't see why this is a big deal all of a sudden.

It's a big deal because the "pander-to-the-dimwits" politicians can sensationalize it and over blow it out of proportion to the nth degree, and beat their chests and claim they are child advocates. Meanwhile the real issues (children going hungry and dying) get ignored because following through on that would cost money.....lots of money.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

It's a big deal because the "pander-to-the-dimwits" politicians can sensationalize it and over blow it out of proportion to the nth degree, and beat their chests and claim they are child advocates. Meanwhile the real issues (children going hungry and dying) get ignored because following through on that would cost money.....lots of money.

It's news because it's new.  Lots of new laws/edicts being enacted right & left... haha, get it?  ...right & left...  
People are already aware of child abuse and we all can conclude it's bad.  There is a budget for fighting it.  Should it be expanded?  Probably.  
But this thing needs to be discussed because it's setting new precedents across the country.

Now, I also agree with your "'pander-to-the-dimwits' politicians" sensationalizing... on both sides.   But what else is new there?

And UNT90 is right on this one.   The FWISD superintendent cannot unilaterally decide something like this.   Did the school board vote on this?   Did the parents have a say at all?  If the Lt. Gov is the one to raise a flag, then I applaud that.   Does he need to grandstand and bully the superintendent?  Absolutely not.   But, then again, he's a politician... should we expect anything less?

40 minutes ago, That_Guy_Arlo said:

What exactly is the alternative to the current rule of allowing people to use the restroom that aligns with their gender identity? I don't see why this is a big deal all of a sudden.

I somewhat agree with this.  Transgender people have been using their preferred bathrooms all along... true.  But that was all done without any kind of law for/against it.  
Now it's going into lawbooks, so it needs to be discussed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Who "started grandstanding about it"?  The NC law was simply a response to an unconstitutional Charlotte city ordinance that was forced through by a new mayor.  Dan Patrick's comments were simply a response to our nation's self-appointed homosexual-in-chief.  If it's such a non-issue that the Lt. Gov. of Texas shouldn't waste his time on it, how much less the President of the United States?

If the Charlotte law was unconstitutional the NC Supreme Court should have dealt with the matter - there was no need for a new law from the legislature.

Second, "our nation's self-appointed homosexual-in-chief", is a really bizarre statement.  Don't like President O'Bama?  That's okay but give an intelligent reason - don't accuse him of being Moslem, being born in Indonesia, or being homosexual.  Such silliness says more about you than the President.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, GTWT said:

If the Charlotte law was unconstitutional the NC Supreme Court should have dealt with the matter - there was no need for a new law from the legislature.

Second, "our nation's self-appointed homosexual-in-chief", is a really bizarre statement.  Don't like President O'Bama?  That's okay but give an intelligent reason - don't accuse him of being Moslem, being born in Indonesia, or being homosexual.  Such silliness says more about you than the President.

Top O' the mornin to ya!

JHpx4LC.jpg

• Upvote 3

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Top O' the mornin to ya!

JHpx4LC.jpg

good thing he wasn't president in the 1920s!! 

also...ya'll are way too hung up on people's bathroom practices. that said, given some of your longings to have access to the girl's locker-room, I'm starting to better understand some of the fringe, niche corners of xHamster and the people who click those links. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

I suppose.  But since some apparently saw NC law as ambiguous, I don't see anything wrong with clearing up the ambiguity.

1 hour ago, GTWT said:

That says nothing about me; your response simply says you missed my (I thought) obvious reference.

nw_052112_domcvr.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

18 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I suppose.  But since some apparently saw NC law as ambiguous, I don't see anything wrong with clearing up the ambiguity.

That says nothing about me; your response simply says you missed my (I thought) obvious reference.

nw_052112_domcvr.jpg

Yes, a lot of ambiguity was cleared away (said sarcastically).  What the legislation did was to make a statement the legislators thought would be popular.  Neither the original ordinance nor the legislative response had any practical effect.  Do you really think a cop is going to stand outside public restrooms checking gender identity?  Good luck.

As for the obviousness of a 'Newsweek' cover, I'm ashamed to say I missed that issue.  Not that I would have read the article - another person's sexuality is none of my business.  I really find, that when it comes to bathrooms & sex, that I'm happier not knowing.

Edited by GTWT
bad wording
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, GTWT said:

Yes, a lot of ambiguity was cleared away (said sarcastically).  What the legislation did was to make a statement the legislators thought would be popular. 

Popular?  I could see easier avenues to popularity through legislation, if you want to say this has made legislators popular.  They were backed into a corner and forced to act.

6 hours ago, GTWT said:

Neither the original ordinance nor the legislative response had any practical effect.  Do you really think a cop is going to stand outside public restrooms checking gender identity?  Good luck.

Interesting that you apparently agree that gender identity is a biological matter.  But no, I don't expect a cop to stand outside public restrooms checking entrants' genitalia prior to entrance.  The law does provide a measure of protection for a woman who is in a restroom, locker room, public shower, etc. when a man enters, and to keep fewer men from entering.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

On May 20, 2016 at 1:00 PM, SilverEagle said:

Republicans because they are phobic about giving money to any governmental entity that doesn't tote guns.  And democrats are reluctant because they know they would be roasted in the media by the aforementioned "pandering-to-the-weak-minded-voters" Republicans. 

And it's never a good thing when Dan Patrick has a news conference. 

When are you (or everyone else who gives me negative points) going to fault him for being absent with his outrage regarding the real issues of Child Abuse and children dying?

The same absence that is there from CPS administrators? From the public in general? From juries? From family court judges about half the time? 

Any Lt. Gov, regardless of party affiliation, would choke on the monetary amount needed annually to fix CPS. Instead, the lastest solution is to lower requirements to an associate degree. Nothing could go wrong there, right? 

At least Patrick is out front in the fight against yet another avenue to abuse children. It ain't much, and that isn't even his motivation, but that's ok. Whatever gets the job done.

Stop worrying about stupid internet reds and Greens.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:32 PM, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Popular?  I could see easier avenues to popularity through legislation, if you want to say this has made legislators popular.  They were backed into a corner and forced to act.

Interesting that you apparently agree that gender identity is a biological matter.  But no, I don't expect a cop to stand outside public restrooms checking entrants' genitalia prior to entrance.  The law does provide a measure of protection for a woman who is in a restroom, locker room, public shower, etc. when a man enters, and to keep fewer men from entering.

"They were backed in a corner & forced to act."

BS.  They passed the legislation because the bigots they represent wanted them to.  Contrary to their self-professed preference for local rule.  Kinda like the Texas legislature's over-riding of Denton's local ordnance concerning fracking. Conservative are all for local rule until it contradicts their ideology.

"gender identity as a biological matter"

Yes,  And sometimes the biology screws up.  And most biological (by which I assume you mean genetic) matters is influenced to some degree by environmental factors.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3