Houston's head coach doesn't think SMU is willing to pay the price for a winning football program

Harry

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I for one don't care if OU or Houston wins. Houston is riding high right now and that is great for Houston, but I wonder any Houston fan would waste their time on a NT site.   Go to a Houston or OU message board or at least someone that Houston is actually going to play.    

Um...Harry started the thread about Houston's coach thumping his chest over lowly SMU.  So...ask Harry why on his NT site he'd start a thread about Houston.  Although, I think it was to produce just what we have produced...

...easily drawing the Couger lurkers offsides in a conversation about where they really stand against the Big Boys, no matter what their hashish-smoking head coach proclaims.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Long time to opening kickoff. Let's see where the betting public puts that line, shall we?

Long time to opening kickoff. Let's see where the betting public puts that line, shall we?

Yes, we shall.  And, as the season draws nigh upon us, and the non-mushroom consuming people begin to scrutinize the depth charts even more closely, the line will probably increase to OU being favored by double digits...

...and, hopefully, when the clock strikes 12:01 a.m. on September 4, 2016, both SMU and Houston will sit at 0-1 to start their seasons.  That will put the proper damper of their respective unrealistic fanbases.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Yes, we shall.  And, as the season draws nigh upon us, and the non-mushroom consuming people begin to scrutinize the depth charts even more closely, the line will probably increase to OU being favored by double digits...

...and, hopefully, when the clock strikes 12:01 a.m. on September 4, 2016, both SMU and Houston will sit at 0-1 to start their seasons.  That will put the proper damper of their respective unrealistic fanbases.

Right, because no fanbase should dare have any expectations. They should just lie there and take it like UNT has so many years. At least you know your place, eh? Misery truly does love company.

Lets see where the line settles. I bet it's no where near double digits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 8:35 AM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Dalvin Cook would sit behind either OU running back you choose, Samaje Perine or Joe Mixon.  Perine outweighs Cook by 40 pounds as well, is stronger and faster.  Mixon is also bigger, plus faster and, even though a backup, caught more passes than Cook last year.  OU sometimes lines Mixon up at WR.  Doubt Cook is that flexible.  As big a headache as Perine will be, Mixon will be a nightmare for UH's DC because OU lines him up all over the offense.

Cook's a nice back.  But, Perine and Mixon are ahead of him.  And, Houston will have to somehow find a way to stop both of the them.  Behind them, where Cook would be on OU's roster, is four-star recruit Rodney Anderson.  OU is embarrassingly rich at RB IN 2016.  They are big, fast, and will both pound and dice UH's new defensive starters. 

If both of those are ahead of Cook, why did Cook finish #7 in the Heisman voting in 2015?   Why was Cook 2nd team All American in 2015?  I don't see Perine or Mixon on either of those lists.

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 0:56 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

We're not all unrealistic, not by a long shot. We like to talk big because we like to hope big, but most of us who have been around for a long time know exactly what it means to be a Houston football fan. 

So while you hope that Houston starts the season at 0-1, since I wouldn't be a UNT grad student without my degree from Houston, I'm just gonna continue to hope that *both* schools do well.

• Upvote 1