DRC Sunday Recruiting Blog

ADLER

For a team that went 1-11 ---we seem to be getting some recruits ---I continue to tell people don't underestimate this coaching staff--- I truly believe we have landed some young energetic coaches that are not use to losing---these guys are going to surprise a lot of people--I am glad UNT 90 is on board with us --he has been around along time and we need him like we do the other fans ---I can't wait until Spring Ball starts --I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised about how practices are run and the improvement these players are going to show us. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I really like that we are starting to see our team win more recruiting battles against regional C-USA programs like LA Tech. I hope we begin to see more stars in their recruiting grades too.

The last staff didn't do awful head to head against La Tech. Miles, Goree, Brooks come to mind recently. But there were plenty of other problems, including winning more recruiting battles overall.

Looks like a lot of JUCO/stop-gap recruiting already out of this bunch.  I know...time will tell.  But, again, to me this isn't different that the three coaches that were here before Littrell:  JUCO and preps with very few, if any, FBS offers.

"Stealth" recruiting lives.  Dickey should have trademarked the term, I suppose.

17 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

5:05 update: JUCO linebacker talks about UNT's defense next season, how he would fit in

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/01/sunday-recruiting-blog-2.html/

Well, here you go:
“The coaches’ plan is for me to play middle linebacker, outside linebacker or the nickel, depending on how my body develops,” Ejiya said. “When he described the defense, it was exactly like what we play, and we played a 4-2-5.”
Looks like we'll be playing alot of Nickel next year.  Going to need English to get that waiver and play immediately and then hopefully Osborne decides to join him in the middle.  Otherwise, we're going to get gashed up the middle quite a bit next year.