Improving HS coaches relations

GMG24

19 hours ago, NT93 said:

When all schools do it, it's tough to buy anyone off.

Apparently not, when the whole thread is about who does it better.   Seems to me there are all kinds of ways for this to be abused.  Such as where are free seats, and who does a better job of entertaining these coaches.  

By the way, I don't blame any coach for taking advantage of this perk.   It just seems to me that schools are pressured into this, and happily the big time schools will lose more than the others.  The big time football schools will have a lot more coaches asking for tickets and they are tickets that actually could be sold.    NT because it has thousands of empty seats only loses to the extent of the few coaches that would have actually bought tickets are getting them free.    

Coaches, to enlighten those that are not aware, care to share how many hours a week you work during the seasom?  I think it would amaze some of our posters.  We should make this process as easy as possible and show these men a great time while at Apogee.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Coaches, to enlighten those that are not aware, care to share how many hours a week you work during the seasom?  I think it would amaze some of our posters.  We should make this process as easy as possible and show these men a great time while at Apogee.

I'm a MS coach and I posted 75+ hours a week not including scout time 

• Upvote 1

On January 16, 2016 at 2:26 PM, unt_rocket09 said:

Yep you got that right.  If I want to go to tx, tamu or a Baylor game all I have to do is click TX HS Coaches and type in my #. Bam get my 2 tix and easy. Unt is such a hassle. Step it up!

Your 15 year AD doesn't have staff that can figure this out, or cares enough to figure it out, anyway.

Keep looking and you wil find hundreds of more problems just like this one.

There is a reason we are who we are.

On January 16, 2016 at 2:57 PM, oldguystudent said:

There's really nowhere for the department to go but up on both high school relations and ticket sales.  Even going to the Rice basketball game last week, buying GA tickets at the door, was a hassle that I nearly walked away from.  Everything has to be so f'ing hard.

Hard for the fans, but easy for the AD.

#retiredonduty

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Your 15 year AD doesn't have staff that can figure this out, or cares enough to figure it out, anyway.

Keep looking and you wil find hundreds of more problems just like this one.

There is a reason we are who we are.

Hard for the fans, but easy for the AD.

#retiredonduty

Broken-Record-psd53198.png

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Monday 7:00 am - 9:15 practice, class till 3, 8th grade practice till 5:00 pm, 7th grade games 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 typically out by 9 pm IF it's home game

Tuesday repeat day add 8th grade game day games at 5:30 and 7:00 out by 9 if a home game

Wednesday 8:00- 6:00 woohoo oh wait, laundry, and film breakdown for HS, there till 7:30 

Thursday 6:45 practice bc of schedule, 8th grade done by 5:00 and usually go watch my previous classes play freshman or JV ball, done around 9 most Thursday's 

Friday 7:30 practice class, 8th grade done by 4:30 so we can either scout, or get to the HS game and help out. Out by 10 or 11 pm 

Saturday 6:30 report time for home games, 7:00 am for away games. All Laundry, clean field house etc etc anything AD wants done we do it,usually done with that by 11:00 am and are free to go.  If you have any aspirations at all of moving up better stay and help how you can with breakdown etc. 

Sundays during height of district and playoffs 2pm until game plan is finalized and practice schedules done for the week (optional for jr high guys) 

Im in basketball season now same basic schedule except game nights 7th Monday, 8th Thursday, Varsity Tuesday/Friday.  Let's just say about this time of the year a break is much appreciated! Lol I wouldn't put all this here if Lifer didn't ask but we do put a ton of hours into molding the young athletes we coach, and sometimes parent them too.  Adding a little button that's very common practice to take a little less time away would be nice! It really is a simple deal but it would help quite a bit. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Not exactly but I am one of the many who are tired of hearing the same thing over and over.  He is very much a broken record.

And I'll be here to remind you of a persistent problem inside UNT athletics until UNT does something about that problem. 

I know you hate hearing about it because you just want to pretend it doesn't exist and believe that UNT will overcome it. It does exist and 15 years says there is zero chance that anything changes until a change at AD occurs. I know you hate it, because that means the new coaching hire in football is destined to fail, again, and no one wants to hear that, even if it's true. 

Denial is the strongest human emotion. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

Just now, UNT90 said:

And I'll be here to remind you of a persistent problem inside UNT athletics until UNT does something about that problem. 

I know you hate hearing about it because you just want to pretend it doesn't exist and believe that UNT will overcome it. It does exist and 15 years says there is zero chance that anything changes until a change at AD occurs. I know you hate it, because that means the new coaching hire in football is destined to fail, again, and no one wants to hear that, even if it's true. 

Denial is the strongest human emotion. 

Actually I'd argue HATE is. That one is certainly, by far, the most negative human emotion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Actually I'd argue HATE is. That one is certainly, by far, the most negative human emotion.

Because you hate me?

Thats what you are talking about, right?

Because all I have done is continually outline the poor job performance of a terrible AD. Unlike others, I have never made one single personal comment about Rick Villarreal outside of his duties as athletic director.

As previously stated, I don't know Rick Villarreal. Don't think I've said 5 words to him. He could be a great guy personally. I don't care if he is a great guy. I care that he is a terrible AD for a university that could give 2 craps about athletics. And I'll continue to highlight that ineffectiveness and chime in on conversations like this.

If you don't like it, ignore me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Ok hours wise during season.  I don't have it so bad, I'm a 6a varsity safeties coach. So here it goes:

Mon: report time is 5am practice 7am-9am. Teach 2 classes, go to my Track athletics class, teach 2 more classes. Come back after school from 4:30-5:30 w the JV

Tues: report time 5:30. Practice 7-9a. School schedule same. 4:30-5:30 varsity weight room. 

Weds: report time 6:30 practice 7:15-9. 4:30-5:30 jv walk thru

Thurs. Report time 7. Walk through 8-9 am. Jv games that night usually last until 10pm

Fri: report 7:30. Varsity pump up from 7:45-8:15. Gameday. Usually home around 12(depending how much beer after)

Sat: work 8-3 ish normally then watch my specific needs at home

Sun: game plan from 2-6. Make sure everything is ready for the week.  Routes, wristbands etc

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, unt_rocket09 said:

Ok hours wise during season.  I don't have it so bad, I'm a 6a varsity safeties coach. So here it goes:

Mon: report time is 5am practice 7am-9am. Teach 2 classes, go to my Track athletics class, teach 2 more classes. Come back after school from 4:30-5:30 w the JV

Tues: report time 5:30. Practice 7-9a. School schedule same. 4:30-5:30 varsity weight room. 

Weds: report time 6:30 practice 7:15-9. 4:30-5:30 jv walk thru

Thurs. Report time 7. Walk through 8-9 am. Jv games that night usually last until 10pm

Fri: report 7:30. Varsity pump up from 7:45-8:15. Gameday. Usually home around 12(depending how much beer after)

Sat: work 8-3 ish normally then watch my specific needs at home

Sun: game plan from 2-6. Make sure everything is ready for the week.  Routes, wristbands etc

Nice! 8 am Saturday's would be better after a fun Friday night!

• Upvote 1

It just amazes me how much people gripe about UNT90's RV posts--that are almost always spot-on--yet they don't even think about why he posts this stuff.

RV is the worst AD in America. We just finished having the worst football team in our school's history and in the entire FBS this past season. That's not even counting where our basketball programs have been recently and are right now under his management.

His athletic department cannot get these things right--all of these have been posted about recently on gmg.com: 1.) email about opponent and time of an upcoming basketball game at the Super Pit. 2.) cannot get the online mechanism correct for a season-ticket holder to actually send money to the AD to re-up on his season tickets 3.) we cannot even get tickets for HS coaches set up the way EVERY other school in Texas does... 4.) even buying a ticket for basketball game in the walk-up line was so much of a hassle that a poster almost gave up after driving all the way to Denton from DFW because it was too slow--at a venue that was about 80% empty.

This would never, ever get accepted at the Murchison Center or any other venue that our College of Music and College of Fine Arts performs. Someone would get fired within days of this kind of stupidity, even if it was one of the 4 mentioned above. And people wonder why our attendance is brutal and our fundraising sucks ass--at some point, you just have to ask yourself what is it that everyone else sees by not going to games and supporting our alma mater, yet most on here are completely blind to it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

It just amazes me how much people gripe about UNT90's RV posts--that are almost always spot-on--yet they don't even think about why he posts this stuff.

RV is the worst AD in America. We just finished having the worst football team in our school's history and in the entire FBS this past season. That's not even counting where our basketball programs have been recently and are right now under his management.

His athletic department cannot get these things right--all of these have been posted about recently on gmg.com: 1.) email about opponent and time of an upcoming basketball game at the Super Pit. 2.) cannot get the online mechanism correct for a season-ticket holder to actually send money to the AD to re-up on his season tickets 3.) we cannot even get tickets for HS coaches set up the way EVERY other school in Texas does... 4.) even buying a ticket for basketball game in the walk-up line was so much of a hassle that a poster almost gave up after driving all the way to Denton from DFW because it was too slow--at a venue that was about 80% empty.

This would never, ever get accepted at the Murchison Center or any other venue that our College of Music and College of Fine Arts performs. Someone would get fired within days of this kind of stupidity, even if it was one of the 4 mentioned above. And people wonder why our attendance is brutal and our fundraising sucks ass--at some point, you just have to ask yourself what is it that everyone else sees by not going to games and supporting our alma mater, yet most on here are completely blind to it.

SO MUCH THIS! 

22 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

It is not that we disagree with the message, nor do we disagree with his attitude towards RV's performance, it is just that he continually highjacks threads to make this point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It is not that we disagree with the message, nor do we disagree with his attitude towards RV's performance, it is just that he continually highjacks threads to make this point.

Actually, people like you draw me into the threads then accuse me of highjacking them. 

But no matter, I'll continue this message for new posters who may not be aware of the main reason UNT athletics sucks balls, a terrible AD left in place by an administration that has clearly demonstrated they don't care about athletic success. 

When that changes, I'll change. Until then, feel free to use the ignore function.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Please show me how I drew you in to this thread?  That excuse is well, just an excuse.

How about just leaving your anti-RV comments to one thread dedicated to his removal and leave other threads, for example, titled "Improving HS coaches relations," to what they were intended?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Please show me how I drew you in to this thread?  That excuse is well, just an excuse.

How about just leaving your anti-RV comments to one thread dedicated to his removal and leave other threads, for example, titled "Improving HS coaches relations," to what they were intended?

When Harry decides that should happen, that's what I'll do. Go start your own board if you don't like it. I mean, it's been done before.

The culture of losing and not caring permeates through every aspect of this AD and trickles down to individual programs (and the argument could be made to many in the fan base). That's why you don't contain it to one thread, because it's topical in the football and basketball forums, and in both recruiting forums where appropriate. 

And of course this isn't the thread or threads I am talking about. Board members know.

I'm sure it won't be your last attack. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ha ha.  "My last attack."  I am just one of many that have grown tired of hearing your message over and over and over.  Honestly, I have never, ever tried to drag you in to a thread, so if you can show me where, anywhere, this has happened in the past, it would be enlightening.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Ha ha.  "My last attack."  I am just one of many that have grown tired of hearing your message over and over and over.  Honestly, I have never, ever tried to drag you in to a thread, so if you can show me where, anywhere, this has happened in the past, it would be enlightening.

Ever asked yourself why you like talking about me so much? Lol.