Luper emerges as a UTSA HC candidate

TheReal_jayD

TCU's running back coach* Curtis Luper and UTSA are reported to have mutual interest for HC vacancy. I found it interesting because we mentioned him here on the board as a potential OC when Meacham was being discussed as HC candidate for us. Then along those same lines our new inside reciever coach Tommy Mainord was listed as a hopeful OC candidate before Coker got canned. Here is article http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2016/1/8/10733802/tcu-running-backs-coach-curtis-luper-emerges-as-utsa-head-coach

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Not difficult to recruit to Oklahoma State, Auburn, and TCU. nUTSAck not so much.

No, but on that level good recruiters are coaches who are the head coaches or lead recruiters for players who other big-time schools wanted. And can out recruit those schools. Which he did.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

They better bring in the coaching Jesus. Because they have A LOT of catching up to do.

#nUTSAck

Look... Either way, they're doomed for this recruiting season. 

EVEN IF you get a guy hired next week... How long until he learns how to get the blend of 11 secret herbs and spices right? Until you can trust him not to burn the biscuits or mishandle the gravy?

And then, you put him on the road in his headset and little paper hat to recruit with what, 4 or 5 days to get the job done? I know the motto for UTSA football is "fast and delicious", but I hope they realize you can't recruit a season in 30 minutes or less. 

7 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

EVEN IF you get a guy hired next week... How long until he learns how to get the blend of 11 secret herbs and spices right? Until you can trust him not to burn the biscuits or mishandle the gravy?

And then, you put him on the road in his headset and little paper hat to recruit with what, 4 or 5 days to get the job done? I know the motto for UTSA football is "fast and delicious", but I hope they realize you can't recruit a season in 30 minutes or less. 

I heard that they found out about the KFC fast track app. The new and improved version is leading the way in their search for a new coach.

kfc-1.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

I've heard UTSA is looking at young up-&-comers from the likes of Chick-fil-a & Popeyes (for their success on the P5 level) and also Chicken Express & Raising Cains (for their Texas recruiting ties).   They really stand to upgrade either way if you ask me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

UTSA should have never been added to CUSA. They have no facilities and no track record. CUSA bought into the "TV market" B.S. that is the current state of college athletics, and CUSA will pay for it

I expect UTSA to be a drain on CUSA for years to come, much like UNT has been this year.

And it's what they deserve for short cutting the process.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

UTSA should have never been added to CUSA. They have i facilities and no track record. CUSA bought into the "TV market" B.S. that is the current state of college athletics, and CUSA will pay for it

I expect UTSA to be a drain on CUSA for years to come, much like UNT has been this year.

And it's what they deserve for short cutting the process.

^agreed wish I could like it twice 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

I heard they have been in contact with Chester's, golden chick, and Bush's for the small town pipeline.

KFC is about THE worst fried chicken joint out there. Appropriate that they are so closely tied to Craphole.

And for all the Craphole fans that will enevitably show up in this thread, I told you this would be your fate when you were busy claiming to be the next S. Florida. 

Welcome to hell.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Anybody got a copy of the list we used to find out cornerbacks coach?  I suspect it's the same as their list of potential head coaches. 

And, could be just rumor, but I'm told the contract will include the language "$600,000 base salary...and a big ol' cookie!"

Cookie is getting ready for the new coach now! It was her New Year's Resolution!

200.gif

• Downvote 4