Russell Athletic Bowl

FirefightnRick

Uncle Art teaching everyone there's more than one way to skin a WILDCAT,..using 5 different players due to QB injuries... to expose UNC's 109th ranked rushing defense.  28-10 Baylor in the 2nd.

Plus, Phil Bennett and his 75th ranked pass defense shutting that vaunted Tar Heel pass attack down so far.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 14

19 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

Great job of creating an offense around the talent you have.  And they did it in a few weeks.

True.  That was a terrible couple of penalties at the end there.  At least the targeting got waved.  Briles is PO'ed.

Rick

24 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch because of your agenda.

What's my agenda?

Rick

• Downvote 5

23 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

True.  That was a terrible couple of penalties at the end there.  At least the targeting got waved.  Briles is PO'ed.

Rick

What's my agenda?

Rick

This is your third thread this week touting run-heavy offense. 24-28, North Carolina TD.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

That turnover in the end zone could be the dagger for the Tar Heels. 

or that TD run was....

really dislike Baylor but holy hell they're good

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, 3XL said:

or that TD run was....

really dislike Baylor but holy hell they're good

Well...tonight their good at slapping a ground game together with duct tape and bubble gum.  

Sideline reporter for ESPN radio is reporting that the defense for North Carolina is completely wore out.  Hilarious!

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

16 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Sideline reporter for ESPN radio is reporting that the defense for North Carolina is completely wore out.  Hilarious!

Why? Like, genuinely asking. How is that hilarious?

But good for Baylor for winning a bowl game and winning two of their last five I guess?

Edited by CaribbeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CaribbeanGreen said:

Why? Like, genuinely asking. How is that hilarious?

But good for Baylor for finally winning a bowl game and winning two of their last five I guess?

It's hilarious because Baylor had one arm tied behind their back, piecemealing together what they only could do..(run the Wildcat offense),,..UNC knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it.

Its why the announcers kept bringing this point up over and over all game long.  It was an amazing job of coaching for the Baylor staff.

Great game.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

13 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

It's hilarious because Baylor had one arm tied behind their back, piecemealing together what they only could do..(run the Wildcat offense),,..UNC knew what was coming and still couldn't stop it.

Its why the announcers kept bringing this point up over and over all game long.  It was an amazing job of coaching for the Baylor staff.

Great game.

Rick

Agree.  And that us why I wonder why our OC kept getting a pass by a lot of people on here.  Considering Mac has coached mobile QBs that can run in the past, and was part of a ship with one who's strength was running, I seriously doubt he would have been against a running offense like Baylor had last night.

There is no excuse.  Look at the talent and put the best system our there that can get the best talent in position to make plays.  Baylor was using RBs, Wrs, anybody that could make a play in space.  

20 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

That is essentially Baylor's offense. 

For most of the Texas game and last night it sure was.

I don't like Baylor.  But I have to say that whoever came up with the massive "adjustments" for their offense, and then "implemented it" through training/coaching in such a short period of time is pretty much a genius from my point of view. Of course, it helped a lot that Baylor was very deep in offensive talent.

I haven't seen this kind of "adjusting" since we played Tulsa at the end of 82. And just for that game, Corkey Nelson ditched his ineffective veer and put in a 2-3 step-and-throw passing game. The result was a record setting day for Rusty Hill 61/42 (still tied for 2nd for attempts and still #1 for completions) and receiver Marvin Walker 22 receptions (still number one for single game receptions).

We lost the game 38-20, but it was close through the 3rd quarter and it could have gotten real ugly if we had stuck with the veer for that game.

I certainly hope that our new coach and OC take a close look at the film of that Baylor/UNC game.

Edited by SilverEagle