MGB pre-spring questions series: No. 1 -- How does UNT adjust?

Brett Vito

All true.

It seems to me that the Tech QB's were talented, but also very good at getting pre-snap reads and knowing where the ball should go.  It was hard to get to the QB because the linemen pass set so deep and the ball was out of the QB's hand because he wasn't taking second and third looks.  It takes some football smarts to do that and I wonder if Smith has the tools to make this offense work. 

Another thing about this offense is how vertical the passing game is.  Teams that get their safeties deep and make this offense check down have more success stopping it.  We need backs that can catch and receivers that can make people miss.  Time will tell whether we have either of these.

However, I'm most worried about our LB's.  Of all the problems I would solve on this team, I see them as the most crucial to our success.

• Upvote 4

All true.

It seems to me that the Tech QB's were talented, but also very good at getting pre-snap reads and knowing where the ball should go.  It was hard to get to the QB because the linemen pass set so deep and the ball was out of the QB's hand because he wasn't taking second and third looks.  It takes some football smarts to do that and I wonder if Smith has the tools to make this offense work. 

Another thing about this offense is how vertical the passing game is.  Teams that get their safeties deep and make this offense check down have more success stopping it.  We need backs that can catch and receivers that can make people miss.  Time will tell whether we have either of these.

However, I'm most worried about our LB's.  Of all the problems I would solve on this team, I see them as the most crucial to our success.

Agree on all of this. 

The answer to everything. Fire RV of course. Need your football team to adjust? Fire RV. Accidentally hit two pedestrians with your car? Fire RV. Struggling at your job to meet deadlines? Fire RV. Third world countries? Fire RV. Star Wars prequels? Fire RV. Milk a day past best by date? Fire RV. Can't beat Battletoads on Co-op? Fire RV.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The answer to everything. Fire RV of course. Need your football team to adjust? Fire RV. Accidentally hit two pedestrians with your car? Fire RV. Struggling at your job to meet deadlines? Fire RV. Third world countries? Fire RV. Star Wars prequels? Fire RV. Milk a day past best by date? Fire RV. Can't beat Battletoads on Co-op? Fire RV.

lol. ^ guy gets it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Wanna finally set your athletic department on the road towards sustained success?  Well, you know...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I suspect fans on both sides of the RV-divide gave you a plus-1 on this post.  Some because they read it as subtle sarcasm, others because they thought you were in dead earnest.

• Upvote 3