DRC Monday column: UNT seniors deserve support in final game

Brett Vito

Well if the Seniors need the fans support then the fans need the players to not pack it in and quit like they have several games when the going got tough, with the worst offense obviously the homecoming debacle

My support will be watching it on FSN on Saturday. Sorry but some of these seniors spent a little too much time on twitter and not enough time working on their own game.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

This is the time of year...(the end of a lousy season and final home game)...that a group of seniors would benefit from an athletic department's pre season investment in its fan base to grow an emotional connection between fans and team.  

The connection would hopefully ensure that a few remaining fans would show up to say goodbye.

Unfortunately no such investment exist at the coal mine on Bonnie Brea resulting in this fanbase having near zero connection to this team.

Thus the team suffers the consequences. This is another factor the next coach needs to consider before coming here.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Sorry seniors, but I have a personal vendetta against the athletic director, so I can't in any way show appreciation to 21 & 22 year olds who have sacrificed life and limb to get a college education!

But for real, I'll be out of town visiting relatives for Thanksgiving.

Says the guy that has more than likely never fought or sacrificed for anything in his life.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3