CFB Playoff

NT93

Obviously not Mean Green related, but a good discussion nonetheless.

No telling what "The Committee" will do this week, but I have a feeling two, maybe three teams are going to get in the playoffs that probably couldn't finish in the top 4 in the SEC, Big 12, or maybe even Pac 12.  The Big 12 has four solid teams, none of which are going to get in.  I don't think Clemson, Notre Dame, or Iowa could go through the Big 12 with less than 2 losses and they'd likely have 3 or 4.  Same if they were in the SEC West.  Playoff needs to have 6 teams with the conference champions, plus 1...preferably the top G5 school (which will never happen).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

...is a bunch of bs. 

A talking head (can't remember who) was on local espn radio 103.3 a few days ago. He put it best. "It's like they're shooting arrows into a tree and drawing a target around it." He said not to pay attention much to the top 4 when breaking it down, but look at who they try to break into the top 25 of their poll and who they try to keep teams at serve after a loss. He said that it runs eerily similar to opponents played of who they have in their top 4. He called it a loaded and a "good ol boy" system. He was even bringing up statistical variance into it and how the numbers, RPI, SOS, etc. all points to a rigged system. I wish I could've caught his name. He was spot on. 

In other words, It's horribly flawed. 

• Upvote 1

...is a bunch of bs. 

A talking head (can't remember who) was on local espn radio 103.3 a few days ago. He put it best. "It's like they're shooting arrows into a tree and drawing a target around it." He said not to pay attention much to the top 4 when breaking it down, but look at who they try to break into the top 25 of their poll and who they try to keep teams at serve after a loss. He said that it runs eerily similar to opponents played of who they have in their top 4. He called it a loaded and a "good ol boy" system. He was even bringing up statistical variance into it and how the numbers, RPI, SOS, etc. all points to a rigged system. I wish I could've caught his name. He was spot on. 

In other words, It's horribly flawed. 

Joel Klatt