Please.

Caw Caw

Hey Fellas,

Is there anyway to get a stickied "I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT RV" thread? And contain the the RV conversations to it? I don't even bother posting any content at the moment because I'm really sick of seeing the same conversation on every thread. About 3 posts in it's the RV's-fault-needs-to-change speech.

EVERYONE. ON. THE. BOARD. GETS. IT.

I'm not one against the removal of Rick, and I wasn't against the banner measures either. But we haven't actually talked about football on this thread since signing day. The state of the program is a shit show, but honestly, it's like the endless-barney-theme-song-and-strobe-light psych torture to try and have a conversation here. This obviously dead conversation is alienating as many people as RV.

Maybe we can even make a whole sub-forum under football that's "Potential AD Candidates" or "RV Tactical Removal Team". I don't care what you call it because I will never go there. But I can pretty much regurgitate every thread that will come up there. Display your discontent but quit hijacking every thread to push an agenda that's already been pushed to a stopping point. We don't have to all get a long or agree or whatever, but the off-topic train can go to hell. 

200.gif

Bryce Harper is a choked loser.

• Upvote 2

That is your answer right there.  Listen this is a forum of the ultra zealot.   If we were a religious sect, we wouldn't be the people who show up only on Easter, we wouldn't even be the people who handle snakes, we would be the people who all dress alike and drink the poisoned kool aide at the same time so we can make the mother-ship ride to a P5 conference.

Like any other group of incredibly involved fanatics when things go bad there isn't much else to do except eat our own.  We argue about dogma (The Sepulcher of the Big Donor vs The Holy Way of Small Gifts), we nailed treatises to church doors (banners/billboards), we even argue if the Pope (Villarealous the First) is infallible, or if perhaps we should throw him into the Brazen Eagle (Not many people know this but Spiriki is actually a giant smoker, it makes greats brisket).

The problem isn't that we are zealots, the problem is there are too few of us.  People freaking out when things go bad is a good sign, not enough people did at UTA and now they don't have a program.  The real root problem is that there are too few of us, most UNT alums avoud athletics like the would hare krishnas.

Aye, Cerebus. But let us not forget the golden rules of the Holy Program. The least of which is not: Though shalt not scare away the few, or the few will never become many.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Aye, Cerebus. But let us not forget the golden rules of the Holy Program. The least of which is not: Though shalt not scare away the few, or the few will never become many.

So curmudgeonly behavior on the board is going to drive away more people than losing by 59 to 1AA/FCS Portland State?  Not buying that at all.  

The board is the board and it's behaved the same way for 15 years or so now.  When we win a ton of new faces show up and it's a happy lalaland of good feelings.  People who have doubts get chased out with pitchforks.

When we lose the board shrinks down to the ultra zealot core and the blood cults start drumming in the hills.   If we lose (which is out of the boards control) so much that even the ultra zealots convert to The Longhorn Heresy, that is the real danger.  

• Upvote 5

Good post Caw Caw.  We will try to keep a close watch on the blatant RV hijacks.  Cerebus is right though losing seasons magnify the negativity.  Take a look at the archives during and after our bowl win season and you will see how positive this board can be. 

Because of the early season demise of Coach Mac, this is one of the longest - if not the longest - free fall seasons I can recall.  Thank goodness Chico beat UTSA or it would be worse.   We are a free speech board, always have been always will be.   Everyone, no matter what their level of support has an equal voice here so long as they stay within the rules.  So that lends itself to people taking advantage of us from time to time.  I hate that happens but I censorship is not an option.  We do our best.

Unfortunately, we used to have basketball to lean on in tough times.   There does appear to be good signs for the men (it's still early) and the women's team just had the biggest win in the history of the program.

My message to the fans is hang in there.  We are inching towards the end of the football season which means the coaching hire is close.  Once that happens we can move forward again and there will be a lot more hope for the future.

I'm not one against the removal of Rick, and I wasn't against the banner measures either. But we haven't actually talked about football on this thread since signing day.

We've discussed plenty of football on Saturdays, on the board and in the chat room. There are prediction threads, live blogs, and post mortems.

Did you post in any of them this month?

• Upvote 4

Good post Caw Caw.  We will try to keep a close watch on the blatant RV hijacks.  Cerebus is right though losing seasons magnify the negativity.  Take a look at the archives during and after our bowl win season and you will see how positive this board can be. 

Because of the early season demise of Coach Mac, this is one of the longest - if not the longest - free fall seasons I can recall.  Thank goodness Chico beat UTSA or it would be worse.   We are a free speech board, always have been always will be.   Everyone, no matter what their level of support has an equal voice here so long as they stay within the rules.  So that lends itself to people taking advantage of us from time to time.  I hate that happens but I censorship is not an option.  We do our best.

Unfortunately, we used to have basketball to lean on in tough times.   There does appear to be good signs for the men (it's still early) and the women's team just had the biggest win in the history of the program.

My message to the fans is hang in there.  We are inching towards the end of the football season which means the coaching hire is close.  Once that happens we can move forward again and there will be a lot more hope for the future.

I'm glad there is not censorship. It's not a free exchange of ideas if it is. Just hoping we could funnel the thoughts into appropriate channels is all. I appreciate all you mods and the other contributors bring to the mean green experience. I'll be here for the next coach and the next one after that.

We've discussed plenty of football on Saturdays, on the board and in the chat room. There are prediction threads, live blogs, and post mortems.

Did you post in any of them this month?

Maybe you missed this part...

I don't even bother posting any content at the moment because I'm really sick of seeing the same conversation on every thread

Pretty sure that's covered under that statement.

Maybe you missed this part...

Pretty sure that's covered under that statement.

So you're not posting about football because we're not posting about football even though we're posting about football?

I'm just spitballing here, and this might sound like crazy talk, but it's so crazy it just might work:

Maybe you should post about football.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

So you're not posting about football because we're not posting about football even though we're posting about football?

I'm just spitballing here, and this might sound like crazy talk, but it's so crazy it just might work:

Maybe you should post about football.

Yes detract from the actual point to nitpick. This statement will be made by me once, while your contribution will continue to be dominated by RV. Or I could take your approach and tell everyone to start talking football on every thread, even basketball ones and coaching hires.

So curmudgeonly behavior on the board is going to drive away more people than losing by 59 to 1AA/FCS Portland State?  Not buying that at all.  

The board is the board and it's behaved the same way for 15 years or so now.  When we win a ton of new faces show up and it's a happy lalaland of good feelings.  People who have doubts get chased out with pitchforks.

When we lose the board shrinks down to the ultra zealot core and the blood cults start drumming in the hills.   If we lose (which is out of the boards control) so much that even the ultra zealots convert to The Longhorn Heresy, that is the real danger.  

So are you saying that this is a bad thing? I don't have to put away my drum do I? Because if I do, then I would have to quote that former-great-film-star-turned-NRA-shill......from my cold dead hands....

• Upvote 1

It's hard to engage in any UNT sports topic without RV somehow working into the conversation. He is the AD of the programs we discuss. Asking the fan base to exclude him from topics on this board, would be like asking the media to exclude the president from foreign policy topics.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1