Welcome Tennessee fans

Harry

I noticed that some of you have been joining us lately and wanted to formally welcome you.

Sorry that we could not be more engaging in conversations about the game itself.  We have been in somewhat of a funk here lately as you can probably tell.

Greetings, Tennessee-eeeeeeians. Welcome to the autumn of our discontent. 

Come join us for the rage and sadness, stay for the despair and self-destruction. Your school is already sending us a big check to take a beating... If any of you are interested in sending a smaller sum of money to help buy sandwiches or LEGOs for our Athletic Director, please send me a private message. 

If you came here for passion or smack talk... Well, we beat you guys back before most of the people on this forum were born. So, pre-natal scoreboard on you, bitches! I'm sure that national title you won did nothing to ease the pain of our triumph back in the football Cretaceous period. Also, your orange is dumb and ugly. You should change shades every 5 or 6 years. That's what serious football programs do. 

What's with the orange checkerboard end zone? Who you trying to be?

University of Guelph much? 

K7LPsZJ.png

"A Tennessee trademark from the mid-1960's was reinstated in 1989 with the installation of the orange and white checkerboard end zones on Shields-Watkins Field and continued with the return of grass. The unique design accompanied coach Doug Dickey's arrival in 1964 when the Vols played Boston College. The colorful and popular end zones were a part of Tennessee football until 1968 when the natural sod was dug out and artificial turf was put in its place.

The checkerboard end zones carry over to basketball, where the pattern appears on the baseline of the court at Thompson-Boling Arena" (http://www.utsports.com/fans/traditions.html).

"A Tennessee trademark from the mid-1960's was reinstated in 1989 with the installation of the orange and white checkerboard end zones on Shields-Watkins Field and continued with the return of grass. The unique design accompanied coach Doug Dickey's arrival in 1964 when the Vols played Boston College. The colorful and popular end zones were a part of Tennessee football until 1968 when the natural sod was dug out and artificial turf was put in its place.

The checkerboard end zones carry over to basketball, where the pattern appears on the baseline of the court at Thompson-Boling Arena" (http://www.utsports.com/fans/traditions.html).

Look, sure your university has paid us for the beating that is coming, but don't you think your fan base should contribute to our fan base, also? And I'm not talking about some hard to understand sandwich purchase metaphor, I'm talking banners, bitches!

If you guys have any class and mercy  at all, you will hire a plane to tow a banner saying "Fire Rick Villarreal" around the your stadium and tailgate area for an hour pre-game.

Its the least you checker loving mofos could do...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

Look, sure your university has paid us for the beating that is coming, but don't you think your fan base should contribute to our fan base, also? And I'm not talking about some hard to understand sandwich purchase metaphor, I'm talking banners, bitches!

If you guys have any class and mercy  at all, you will hire a plane to tow a banner saying "Fire Rick Villarreal" around the your stadium and tailgate area for an hour pre-game.

Its the least you checker loving mofos could do...

Colonel Sanders left them so much money... Seems like the least they could do. 

Traditions? What are those? 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the assist. 

48245.gif

If it meant anything else, I'm sure we would have figured it out in the past 130 years. 

No Shat, I mean look what they have doge for UTSA's program already!

Spead the love, damnit!

Little known fact: The University of Tennessee was founded on a tract of land that was once President George Washington's Virginia plantation. 

Buzz-killington.jpg

• Upvote 7

Thanks for the welcome, Harry. Under the circumstances, your collective attitude is entirely understandable. I rarely visit message boards of our opponents, but, after perusing the "Update: North Texas @ Tennessee 11/14" thread and learning of the intentions of some of your fans to attend this game, despite the manner in which this season has played out thus far, I felt compelled to pay my respects. Only hard-core true fans willingly choose to subject themselves to that kind of experience and the associated financial cost of attendance. So, again, my hat's off to those Mean Green fans who will dot the bleachers of Neyland Stadium Saturday. Although our recent experience pales in magnitude to what you are currently going through, we can empathize to some degree with your plight. This is the first year in which we have truly been competitive with our primary rivals in quite some time. Another excellent recruiting class will fully extract us from the worst talent deficit Tennessee's football program has experienced in the last 40 years.              

Honest question. Before this week, were you aware that we lost to an FCS school by a whole lot? 

Like 59 points? 

Or were you blissfully unware of this detail?

• Downvote 1