2015 C-USA Soccer championship final UNT WINS!!!

outoftown

with all due respect, UNT got totally f'd on this selection. They completely would have deserved a home game instead of an away game against a top 20 ranked big 12 champ who has the number 17 RPI and should be playing somebody way worse.

I would not expect anything else from the NCAA. The best way to rectify this is for our ladies to kick Tech's ass. We are in a pretty tough bracket and they will get some well-deserved respect when they make some noise.

• Upvote 3

I enjoyed watching that! Congratulations to all the ladies and to Coach Hedlund. Uh, Coach, can you coach defensive football too?

Love seeing winners at UNT. Congrats to the ladies. Awesome job! On to the NCAA tournament!!!!! Go Mean Green!!!!!!! WRECK TECH!!!!!

Edited by GM1998

So why is Tech hosting and not us?  Money?  Prestige?  Ineptitude?  Just curious.

Uneducated guess here...Tech is ranked higher nationally than we are ? I really don't know how this bracket stuff is sorted out equitably. Or does the NCAA even make a pretense of being fair?

I don't know much how women's soccer works, but I am somewhat familiar with NCAA post season for non-revenue sports.

Yes.  They are probably trying to limit travel as much as possible for at least the first two rounds.

Yes.  There is probably some bias against teams who are there for the first time or who don't have a recent history of tournament wins.  Make some noise, get better treatment next year.

You don't think the NCAA be like it is but it do.

South Alabama has an RPI of 16 and are 26th in the coaches poll. UNT has an RPI of 36 and are 31st in the coaches poll. Looks like USA is a host based on their good RPI.

Didn't know that, thanks.

It does kind of beg the question if we (and to an extent Tech) got hosed. After you posted I looked for Tech's RPI (17). That means our first round matchup is the rough equivelant of 4/5 seed playing 8-11 seed.

Didn't know that, thanks.

It does kind of beg the question if we (and to an extent Tech) got hosed. After you posted I looked for Tech's RPI (17). That means our first round matchup is the rough equivelant of 4/5 seed playing 8-11 seed.

Yup - we just need to go to Lubbock and take care of business.  We can beat Tech... should be a very good game.

If/when we win, Tech probably will feel like they were hosed having to play the CUSA Champ in the first round.

• Upvote 2