MGB weekly prediction: UNT will pull through against rival UTSA

Brett Vito

If we play the way we did against Marshall in the second half then Id expect us to win. 

Their offense is pretty limited with Dalton Sturm. NT can pressure him into mistakes. No reason for us not to load the box and stop the run. 

what scares me is how long it takes us to adjust.  Marshall was starting a true freshman with little experience at QB.  One would think we would have loaded the box on them and made the qb throw against tight coverage.  Instead, it looks like we came out in nickel.  Really?  Did we bother to blitz the young QB?  We eventually adjusted with tighter coverage, but it was too late. And there was a very questionable PI call on nate brooks that should have gotten us off the field.  

I hope we start the game in tight man coverage.  3 LBs concentrating on stopping the run and pressuring the QB and safeties playing the pass and looking to snag the ball out of the air...like a normal defense...

• Upvote 1

You haven't been reading him this season, have you?  He's been predicting victories week after week.

Rice.

So, not that long ago

My bad, guys. Considering the result of Portland State, I forgot that people (including me) had picked us to win. I was thinking the Rice or SMU game was the last time Vito picked us.