Email address
president@unt.edu

Phone number
940-565-2026

Fax number
940-565-4322

Twitter
@UNTPrez

The time is NOW.  Please contact the president and share your opinion ASAP. 

Remind him of his comments here:

Smatresk on the importance of revenue sports

“If we’re going to compete as a Tier One institution, our athletics teams need to compete as a Tier One institution as well,” Smatresk said. “So we need to expect to fund athletics in a way that’s consistent with success, and we need that success in turn to yield revenue streams that can support and sustain.

“We need teams that get national attention, because like it or not, one of the biggest ways schools get recognized is the quality of their teams – primarily football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball. I’m not saying the other sports aren’t important, but those core sports are what advance your brand … That’s going to have to be another piece of how we get to Tier One, getting recognized however we can at a national level.”

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Harry unpinned this topic

People really need to make their opinion known to the president. He is the only person that can fight through RV's rich drinking buddies to make it clear the AD's job is to be accountable for athletics, not to 17 people who are his personal friends and buy him a job.

Letters. 

Let him know what you plan to do. 

This is the ONLY way RV can possibly lose his job.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I got a response on my first email from someone at the school saying, "thank you for writing the president.  I will make sure to share your email with him".   I guess I'll have to wait a couple more days to see if he'll actually respond.  

He won't. I've been emailing all season and have only received the form letter replies.

For all those who worry about information getting to the UNT administration, I have ordered something that they will see at the UTSA football game. But note,

I want some of these at the basketball games this winter.  So, look for me prior to that game for some really good Halloween treats that will SCARE the H__L out of the some athletic dept. staff.

I want to see rv's face the first time he sees it so be prepared get a picture  please.

• Upvote 5