DMac News Around The Nation

Greenrex

I found the last tweet in the below link pretty funny and dead on, although DMac deserved what he got. I will address this very subject later this week after the firing and bad loss noise has subsided:

http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/college-sports/collegesheadlines/2015/10/10/former-north-texas-lb-zach-orr-calls-alma-mater-poor-performance-embarrassing-social-media 

Edited by UNT90

I found the last tweet in the below link pretty funny and dead on, although DMac deserved what he got. I will address this very subject later this week after the firing and bad loss noise has subsided:

http://beta.sportsdaydfw.com/college-sports/collegesheadlines/2015/10/10/former-north-texas-lb-zach-orr-calls-alma-mater-poor-performance-embarrassing-social-media 

The last tweet is stupid.  The schedule is why we're 0-5?  Really?

• Upvote 2

It's an embarrassment and I'm still infuriated. UNT just set a record for the worst loss to an FCS school. How stupidly ridiculous is that??? Now Mac gets his buyout on his contract. We made national news for all the wrong reasons. RV & Mac kicked NT square in the nuts last night.....

The last tweet is stupid.  The schedule is why we're 0-5?  Really?

Yes. Really.

Scheduling Portland St. is unforgivable. RV looked at their record last year, not their personnel. He made s rushed decision because he didn't work hard enough early enough to fix an awful 2015 schedule. Remember, we didn't pay 500k for this game until January of THIS YEAR. That is extremely late for college football scheduling. He panicked, and because of that we are now in the NCAA record book.

You should never schedule an FCS capable of beating you...

especially by an NCAA record 59 points. 

This loss is as much on RV as it is on DMac. RV should have resigned or been fired right after DMac. Hopefully that happens this week to prevent a mass exit from the MGC. 

This is absolutely as much RV's fault as DMac.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. Really.

Scheduling Portland St. is unforgivable. RV looked at their record last year, not their personnel. He made s rushed decision because he didn't work hard enough early enough to fix an awful 2015 schedule. Remember, we didn't pay 500k for this game until January of THIS YEAR. That is extremely late for college football scheduling. He panicked, and because of that we are now in the NCAA record book.

This loss is as much on RV as it is on DMac. RV should have resigned or been fired right after DMac. Hopefully that happens this week to prevent a mass exit from the MGC. 

I'm with you about RV's place in this mess.  The schedule is just way down the list of things wrong. 

Yes. Really.

I suspect we could have played a different opponent yet the end results (loss of the game and firing of the HFBC) would have been the same.

I get that you don't want to kick a guy when he is down and he did do some positive things but let's be real here.

The guy wouldn't shut up about Iowa and his position coach NC ring at Florida. He never lost to a team that wasn't a "really good team, Brett" since he has been here.

This guy let things get SO BAD that we are paying him 3 million FREAKING dollars just to go away! Think about that, we are paying him 4 years of salary to please not work for us anymore.

I appreciate him not verbally trashing the program on the way out but Todd Dodge did the same thing and cost a lot less to get rid of. Dare I say Dodge may have been even classier when he left than McCarney?

• Upvote 2

Scheduling Portland St. is unforgivable. RV looked at their record last year, not their personnel.

Look, no one on Earth expected Portland St to turn it around like they have.  The AD's fault doesn't like with scheduling PSU.  The fault comes from hiring a head coach that so lost the team that we got throttled by PSU.  

That team I saw yesterday was so checked out that we would have lost to last years Texas Southern team.  When you remember that this is the SECOND STRAIGHT coach who so lost the team we had to fire him mid season, that's the cause for termination.

I just hope Coshnales can turn this thing around enough to at least be competitive from here on out.

• Upvote 1