What did Mac have to I say on the post game interview?

BIG DAWG

There is so much aggression on the board this week and will be so much anger in Apogee next week. The coaching staff is angry, the players are angry, the fans are angry, the cheerleaders are angry, Scrappy is angry. Southern Miss is coming into a vicious nest and it will be a feeding frenzy..

GMG

There is so much aggression on the board this week and will be so much anger in Apogee next week. The coaching staff is angry, the players are angry, the fans are angry, the cheerleaders are angry, Scrappy is angry. Southern Miss is coming into a vicious nest and it will be a feeding frenzy..

GMG

I don't know, man. I saw a whole lotta quit out there Saturday. That really worries me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He said all of the right things. Now let's see it in practice and not just verbally. I expect these kids to wake up with adequate pressure from the coaches this week and unload a lot of aggression on Southern Miss. If we don't play well against them after this, then there is something really seriously bad going on with this program.

I hope they were the right things. I hope they were calculated to produce a specific response based on what he knows of his players. I hope it was not a case of emotion getting the best of him and saying things he might regret.

Dajon looked really pissed on the sidelines after being pulled. I hope he was pissed at himself and not the coaches for pulling him. We'll see how he reacts this week after being compared to an 8th grader by his coach on the air. Let's hope he really has matured. Let's hope he steps it up a notch. Otherwise, if he reverts back to the Dajon of the summer this week, all the Dajon apologists are going to have a fit when Dajon doesn't start on Saturday.

I don't know, man. I saw a whole lotta quit out there Saturday. That really worries me.

From the stands I saw a lotta kids playing with injuries...one puking on the sidelines(stomache bug is

going around) and just maybe the faces of a lotta kids that keep hearing and reading that they are not

any good. Character is what you have left when the things that you want do not work out as you planned.

I hope our team can find it in themselves to rebound...and I hope our coaches and our fans will find it in

themselves to help them. Southern Miss better arrive in a stadium that is full of determination...not anger

and most definitely not an attitude of "quit".

• Upvote 2

From the stands I saw a lotta kids playing with injuries...one puking on the sidelines(stomache bug is

going around) and just maybe the faces of a lotta kids that keep hearing and reading that they are not

any good. Character is what you have left when the things that you want do not work out as you planned.

I hope our team can find it in themselves to rebound...and I hope our coaches and our fans will find it in

themselves to help them. Southern Miss better arrive in a stadium that is full of determination...not anger

My wife (teacher in Denton) and son both dealt with a stomach virus this weekend. My toilets saw about ten years of use in 3 days. That's how bad it was with 2 people opening the flood gates out of both ends. My wife missed work for 3 days and my son missed school for 2 and his football game Saturday. I heard this bug was running rampant through Denton schools. I guess the Universities couldn't avoid it either. I feel for those kids who had to deal with that up in Alabama. Wow...

Uh oh.

Don't touch your friends. It's dangerous.

Mac seems to be losing it a little bit this year. Probably because he backed himself into a corner with the pre-season talk about how we are going to find out if we are a flash in the pan or a program. He had a big ask with all of the changeover on this team. The team appears to be folding once a few terrible things go against them. That is just inexperience.

Couple of things I've wondered.

1. Why so much less power run game? We appear to have changed our gameplan with DW in there, and he is just making too many mistakes. I wonder how he'd be doing with the gameplan from the 1st three games?

2. We have a new D-Line, and secondary coach, and both groups have struggled. Is it coaching or the players?

I hope they simplify things and just run Southern Miss over this week on both sides of the ball.

It's a sorry excuse for mean green football ... hope fans won't desert us. This is sorry football. Fans have every right to say I don't want to follow that team anymore. Pathetic excuse for a college football team. Fans deserve better.

DW had a great week in practice but looked like an 8th grader today. Bad excuse for a D1 quarterback. Go back and determine who will start at QB next week.

Lee couldn't go today. Next guy did not step up. Commented again that Skaladany is close to retiring (makes me think this could be his last season).

Mac not jut disappointed but also embarrased. Not sure how tough the team is.

I agree thoroughly with Mac's comments, and admire his truthful evaluation. I too question the toughness and desire of this football team. No senior leadership has been shown to date.

The biggest thing to me is the lack of Senior Leadership. This team was good last year but played over there heads and i believe it was due to the leadership guys like Orr, Trice and DT provided. Mac said his biggest concern in fall camp was that no one took the reins of Leadership but that he hoped it would work it self out....it clearly hasn't and when something happens with this team, instead of responding like we did last season, folds like a cheap suit... Its sad but its true. The captains need to step up and rally this team but im not feeling too optimistic at this point.

• Upvote 1

The biggest thing to me is the lack of Senior Leadership. This team was good last year but played over there heads and i believe it was due to the leadership guys like Orr, Trice and DT provided. Mac said his biggest concern in fall camp was that no one took the reins of Leadership but that he hoped it would work it self out....it clearly hasn't and when something happens with this team, instead of responding like we did last season, folds like a cheap suit... Its sad but its true. The captains need to step up and rally this team but im not feeling too optimistic at this point.

THIS. I thought it would be case as soon as I saw the BTG episode where Mac named the team captains. They didn't inspire confidence in me that they could get out on the field and get it done, never mind grabbing the scruff of the neck and dragging them to wins like last year's leadership team.

What's even worse is I can't see any future leaders either who could assume the reigns next year either.

Which makes me believe that Mac may be a one-in-four year guy.