UNT Gear at Steve and Barry's

LongJim

Steve and Barry's University Wear is carrying MG stuff. I bought a MG hoodie at the Abilene mall. They also just opened at Parks Mall in Arlington, and have a store in Grapevine Mills.

Did not see caps, but they had the hunter green hoodie with block "North Texas" in black with white outline, and the gray hoodie with "North Texas" in kelly baseball script. Both pretty cool, and all the stuff is $7.85!

Steve and Barry's University Wear is carrying MG stuff.  I bought a MG hoodie at the Abilene mall.  They also just opened at Parks Mall in Arlington, and have a store in Grapevine Mills.

Did not see caps, but they had the hunter green hoodie with block "North Texas" in black with white outline, and the gray hoodie with "North Texas" in kelly baseball script.  Both pretty cool, and all the stuff is $7.85!

My daughter recently gave my a gray hoodie with the North Texas script. She purchased it at the Steve and Barry's in Beaumont, Tx.

Steve and Barry's University Wear is carrying MG stuff.  I bought a MG hoodie at the Abilene mall.  They also just opened at Parks Mall in Arlington, and have a store in Grapevine Mills.

Did not see caps, but they had the hunter green hoodie with block "North Texas" in black with white outline, and the gray hoodie with "North Texas" in kelly baseball script.  Both pretty cool, and all the stuff is $7.85!

If you havent gone and you live in the arlington area you really need to swing by. Jeans, funny t-shifts and north texas gear. On my way checking out I saw 3 people in line with a north texas shirts, so the unt stuff does sell at under 8 bucks =)

On a bad note.

The North Texas merchandise must be generic NAME ONLY, which means name only, no mascot picture, no copywrited branding, and no current logos.

Unlike almost every other Division 1 playing school in the state, the great and mighty University of North Texas refuses to let their current branding be sold by Steve and Barry's stores.

On a bad note.

The North Texas merchandise must be generic NAME ONLY, which means name only, no mascot picture, no copywrited branding, and no current logos.

Unlike almost every other Division 1 playing school in the state, the great and mighty University of North Texas refuses to let their current branding be sold by Steve and Barry's stores.

ohmy.gif I'm just shocked to hear that.......... rolleyes.gif ............. dry.gif

On a bad note.

Ok, seriously, what idiot signed that deal for licensing? Also, how long are we under this contract, and is there any way we can get out of it?

On a bad note.

At least the NAME is out there. In the past, we couldn't even get that. It's a move in the right direction. Not as big of a move that we would like, but at least a move.

On a bad note.

I shot an email to branding@unt.edu regarding this. I'll post a reply if I get one. huh.gif

Don't you know - they're already reading this.. Remember - that's somebody's full time job...  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Believe it or not, here is the reply I received this morning. How funny is this!

Beginning Friday, Dec. 16, I've left UNT to work full-time at the Denton Record-Chronicle.

For UNT marketing questions, please contact Jennifer Peete or Nancy LeMay. For online communication questions, please contact Kenn Moffitt.

Thanks!

What is sad is that I sent my email to branding@unt.edu, which I got off of the university website, and some employee of the DRC is responding. I'm beginning to wonder if anyone knows what they are doing up there.

Edited by UNTLifer

• 2 weeks later...

I shot an email to branding@unt.edu regarding this.  I'll post a reply if I get one. huh.gif

Here is the response I received this morning:

Mr. Douthitt,

UNT Athletics handles the licensing of products. I am copying Paul Batchelder so he can answer your questions about branded merchandise.

Thanks for letting me know about Steve and Barry's in Grapevine Mills - I'll have to check out their products and thank them for stocking UNT items.

Best wishes for a happy new year.

Sincerely,

Nancy LeMay, APR

Director of University Marketing

University of North Texas

P.O. Box 311070

Denton, TX 76203-1070

lemay@unt.edu

Adlers picture is 100% right.  The most common response I get when I ask a vendor is that North Texas themselves are at fault. 

Greenstock had to go through all kinds of flaming hoops just to produce a new hat.

Which shouldn't be the case. In fact, I wish NT would come up with designs and try to "sell" the designs to a specific retailer, then tout it's exclusively available at [insert retailer's name here].*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*Supplies are limited. Not available in all 50 states. Void where prohibited. Terms subject to agreement. blah blah blah, yada yada yada.