Schedule notes

NT03

Looks like a decent schedule to me so far. I really hope we land Oklahoma State (even if it is on the road).

Road: SFA, Tech, and OSU st

Home: Creighton, SMU, LSU

Make it happen!

Where are you seeing LSU and SMU playing us at home?

• Upvote 1

Several observations:

How are we still adding players? I know the number of schollies available change daily under the Benford regime. Could someone who cares much more than I tell us where we currently stand? Hurry, before it changes again.

Benford still taking about improving rebounding. Too bad he never actually does it. Bring the phrase "talk is cheap" to a whole new level.

No talk about improving defense. Guess we have given up there.

Noticed Benford talked about the 6' 7" JUCO already having a well rounded game. Good thing, cause no future development will happen at UNT. At least Benford recognizes one of his many weaknesses. Progress?

• Upvote 1

Will Muhammed Ahmed be our tallest player at 6-8? Looks to me like Benford is moving away from two with 6-10 height on paper to shorter guys that can actually play a bit. Hope he can land a decent post though.

This is the year to get Creighton. They'll probably still blow us away, but it's gotta be their weakest team (on paper) in some time.

We'll likely get a decent crowd as well. I know there are a ton of UNL fans in DFW and so they might travel to the game to support a Nebraska team.

Looks like a decent schedule to me so far. I really hope we land Oklahoma State (even if it is on the road).

Road: SFA, Tech, and OSU st

Home: Creighton, SMU, LSU

Make it happen!

Benford would never do this, as it would, scratch that, SHOULD be his death warrant at UNT.

Expect as many D2s as we can get away with, maybe more.

• Upvote 1

Texas State asked us for a home and home series, not sure if we agreed

We can continue the UTA rivalry , right ? Benford said we would reach out to them and there doesn't seem to be a "conflict" this year ... Or is there ?

Danny Kaspar's Texas State coming to Denton? God help Benford and the boys!

• Upvote 1

Where are you seeing LSU and SMU playing us at home?

I said it would be nice. We play LSU not that long ago and maybe we can convince JJ to make the trip for a home and home series or something like that. (1 game at each teams home). SMU is close and it would be nice.

Creighton, Oklahoma State, Texas State, SFA, Texas Tech, UTA, SMU, and LSU (the last two won't happen but it's wishful thinking). That would be a legit schedule. Throw in New Mexico, and a team or two from the SWAC, D2 or Southland and I would say that is a solid schedule.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

I said it would be nice. We play LSU not that long ago and maybe we can convince JJ to make the trip for a home and home series or something like that. (1 game at each teams home). SMU is close and it would be nice.

Creighton, Oklahoma State, Texas State, SFA, Texas Tech, UTA, SMU, and LSU (the last two won't happen but it's wishful thinking). That would be a legit schedule. Throw in New Mexico, and a team or two from the SWAC, D2 or Southland and I would say that is a solid schedule.

JJ has absolutely no say in LSU's schedule. That is way out of his control. Edited by GreenMachine

90, You look at the schedule, whatever it is. If you think the 10 win bet is fair for you, then if Kram doesn't take it, I will. Maybe this is how we can raise money to cover "accounting irregularities". Everyone could bet each other on over and under for the basketball team wins/losses, and the loser donates to irregularities. WIN WIN................WIN. adios, adios, adios el hombre Lee Jackson. Vaya con dios amigo!

• Upvote 1

adios, adios, adios el hombre Lee Jackson. Vaya con dios amigo!

God, I hope you are right on this!

Most important part of your post.

I won't be betting against the BBall team again. I found myself rooting to lose the bet. As much as I think Benford is an aggressive cancer to this program, I won't bet against the students again.

More likely is I will just stay in Fort Worth and Granbury and attend only one game a year and not even know when or who we play.

Success?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

God, I hope you are right on this!

Most important part of your post.

I won't be betting against the BBall team again. I found myself rooting to lose the bet. As much as I think Benford is an aggressive cancer to this program, I won't bet against the students again.

More likely is I will just stay in Fort Worth and Granbury and attend only one game a year and not even know when or who we play.

Success?

There are folks with dissenting opinions who they wished would stay away. "Operation Benford" seems to be right on schedule.

• Downvote 4

There are folks with dissenting opinions who they wished would stay away. "Operation Benford" seems to be right on schedule.

If true, I hope they like their college club team, because the only ones in attendance are going to be the closed ranks Benford believers and they are gonna have to stomach some terrible basketball.

But, hey, it's a small price to pay in order to not have to admit you were wrong.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

God deliver us from 8-23 Texas St. Their fans feel the same way about Kaspar as we do about Benford

Highly doubt that. DK took over a rebuilding project at a notoriously bad gig who's program took a big step up in conference.

He only won his 9 games in his 1st year @ SFA and has over a .700 career winning %. I think their fans will be patient with him

I think we can finish over .500 next season if can land Brooks and Ahmed turns out to be the real deal. We need another scoring threat outside of Jordan and I think Brooks can be that guy. #callmekrazy

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1