Denton Academy Sports

emmitt01

Checked the website for NT Apparel at Academy but there is not much there. It is nice but I was expecting a little more like more button down shirts with NT logos.

They barely carry any team items that are button down shirts.  It is Academy not Nordstrom.

• Upvote 1

They barely carry any team items that are button down shirts.  It is Academy not Nordstrom.

Your right, I was only once at the NT Bookstore  back in 2013 and I guess I was expecting more merchandise. But I will stop at Academy, there prices for cotton shirt are at descent prices.

When I still worked for the AD, I went by their pop up trailer before they opened to drop off posters. They had UNT hats, shirts, chairs, flags decorating the office.

They told me they wanted to treat that Denton Academy the same way that they treat their College Station one or whatever--90% local team gear. But they did say it was a test run. Glad to see it paid off for them in the end. 

I believe that the GM or someone in administration is UNT, as well. Not sure on that but I feel like they told me that.

They have a better collection of Nike gear and other random accessories than B&N. I'm heading up for work Thursday and I'm stopping in to buy a new shirt.

Now compare that to Sports Authority which has NO UNT gear or Hibbett has like one shirt from four years ago. Lids @ Golden has a good selection of UNT hats, too. Custom ones, which means that someone at that store cares.

Essentially, Academy & Lids, not Sports or Hibbett. Surprisingly WalMart (both of em) too.

Patronize these guys, y'all.

Denton Sports Authority... THE NUMBER ONE DESTINATION FOR UT AND OU T-SHIRT FANS.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 2