Mac is a DEFENSIVE coach!

GOMG2013

Mac does not have that reputation as a control freak. Where are you getting that? He is loyal to his coordinators to a fault. Look up his history

Yeah, it is kind of hard to imagine that those who have worked for or with Mac for years and have joined back up with him at UNT would just think, "hey, I need to get back working with that control freak".

Mac does not have that reputation as a control freak. Where are you getting that? He is loyal to his coordinators to a fault. Look up his history

What does being loyal to your coaches have to do with this topic? What I mean is that he oversees everything possible and makes most if not all the significant decisions.

Only someone close to the team really knows what goes on. It is just my impression that although he listens to and values his coaches' input; he makes the big decisions. Some HC's are big delegators, others are a lot more hands on; I don't think there is much doubt which type McCarney is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What does being loyal to your coaches have to do with this topic? What I mean is that he oversees everything possible and makes most if not all the significant decisions.

Only someone close to the team really knows what goes on. It is just my impression that although he listens to and values his coaches' input; he makes the big decisions. Some HC's are big delegators, others are a lot more hands on; I don't think there is much doubt which type McCarney is.

Mac lets his coaches coach and has a history of it, does he decide on philosophy most likely. But an unprepared offense would not be his making directly. Our offense has more problems then who is at QB, the offense is not executing well at anything it does.

Mac lets his coaches coach and has a history of it, does he decide on philosophy most likely. But an unprepared offense would not be his making directly. Our offense has more problems then who is at QB, the offense is not executing well at anything it does.

What in the world does he lets his coaches coach mean? Obviously, the coaches' handle the individual development of the players. The distilled question that begin this discussion is who develops the offensive philosophy.

It is the HC, IMO not Canales. The bigger question to me, is Mac really this conservative or it is just a function of the players he has. I think he is very conservative by nature, but would be open to greatly expanding the offense if he was satisfied he had the players who could be successful at it.

What in the world does he lets his coaches coach mean? Obviously, the coaches' handle the individual development of the players. The distilled question that begin this discussion is who develops the offensive philosophy.

It is the HC, IMO not Canales. The bigger question to me, is Mac really this conservative or it is just a function of the players he has. I think he is very conservative by nature, but would be open to greatly expanding the offense if he was satisfied he had the players who could be successful at it.

then in 4 yrs why has he not recruited players for this more open offense?

If the offense is not executing I think what you said is natural to any head coach also or same thing depending how you look at it. I am saying Dmac is not known as a control freak or micro manager that some here say he is.

My problem is the offense has never looked very well prepared under Chico while the special teams and the defense have looked better each consecutive year. I don't care what the calls are I want to see something that looks well executed. Maybe like the offense practices during the week. If the offense executes the conservative plays well then the playbook opens up. I am good with that.

If the offense is not executing I think what you said is natural to any head coach also or same thing depending how you look at it. I am saying Dmac is not known as a control freak or micro manager that some here say he is.

My problem is the offense has never looked very well prepared under Chico while the special teams and the defense have looked better each consecutive year. I don't care what the calls are I want to see something that looks well executed. Maybe like the offense practices during the week. If the offense executes the conservative plays well then the playbook opens up. I am good with that.

Still too early and hard to tell right now. There were a lot of gripes about our secondary after LaTech.