NT QB stats tonight

MeanGreen01

Then you haven't been reading the football forum. Many thought Greer would be "at least as good" as DT, even though he never starts a FBS game.

I don't know what DW did to get so far into the dog house, but one thing is clear. He is the only QB on this roster that has shown any promise in live game action at the FBS level and should be in the hunt to start against SMU.

This is what happens when QB is not a priority in recruiting.

Somewhere in Denton this morning, Derek Thompson is sadly chuckling to himself and shaking his head.

Miss you, Derek Thompson. We didn't know what we had until it was gone.

You're truly a fool if you thought anybody on here expected him to come in and be just as good as a 5th year senior during his first FBS game ever against Texas of all teams. The kid has a lot of time left to prove himself. God knows DT needed a ton of time to even get decent. Keep your smug bullshit to yourself. Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 3

You're truly a fool if you thought anybody on here expected him to come in and be just as good as a 5th year senior during his first FBS game ever against Texas of all teams. The kid has a lot of time left to prove himself. God knows DT needed a ton of time to even get decent. Keep your smug bullshit to yourself.

The truth is in the words that were posted , my friend. Go back and read them. Many expected the QB situation to be BETTER than last year, which was unfair to Greer and completely unrealistic.

Smug? Na, just pointing out that playing QB at the FBS level isn't a walk in the park, and you don't replace a 3 year starting 5th year senior without a lot of bumps in the road.

But you knew that, right?

Right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The truth is in the words that were posted , my friend. Go back and read them. Many expected the QB situation to be BETTER than last year, which was unfair to Greer and completely unrealistic.

Smug? Na, just pointing out that playing QB at the FBS level isn't a walk in the park, and you don't replace a 3 year starting 5th year senior without a lot of bumps in the road.

Right?

Give it a rest. We all just witnessed the worst QB play most of us have ever and will ever see. Literally everyone who has ever suited up for us at the position has been better, so of course we miss our bowl winning QB. Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3

I realize that DT still needed some of the "mop-up" time last year to continue to improve, but there is still no reason that we didn't get some significant game experience for at least one of the QB's that we would rely on this year. Especially in the USM and UTEP games. Since the likely choice would have been McNulty, this tells me that they didn't expect him to be anything but the backup this year and felt it was more important to give DT the reps than a future backup.

I just didn't understand the play calling. On 3rd down call quick release high % throws for your rookie QB. The play calling by Chico was just as pitiful as the throws our QB's were making. It was garbage. No movement of the pocket...no real play action pass (that shotgun nonchalant PA doesn't count)...0 high % throws. Run 3 stand ins in a row to give your QB confidence is that is what needs to be done. Chico should have his pay suspended for this pathetic showing. GMG

I dont entirely disagree with that, but on the otherhand, if the QBs are that in accurate, I feel like the play calling looks pretty bad no matter what you call. I mean, there were some short slants called that were wide open that were just completely missed throws. I would say those were quick release high % throws, or well, should have been.

Right?

Agree with UNT90 on that one, there were quite a few posts on here that either said it directly, or it was inherent in it, that they expected Greer to be as good as DT right out of the gate. If not, there is no way you could have reasonably expected to win that game.

Our QBs were awful, but they would have had to be great just to have a chance to keep that close.

Not really..if either QB could have threw for 150 we could have ran for 150 and than anything could have happened. We played pitiful on offense and still somehow managed to have over 27 minutes of TOP. And that was with only 94 yards of offense. 150 yards could have been done with a 12/24 performance. That alone would have opened up a little more wiggle room in the running game. The play calling/QB play allowed us to do nothing offensively in that game.

Not really..if either QB could have threw for 150 we could have ran for 150 and than anything could have happened. We played pitiful on offense and still somehow managed to have over 27 minutes of TOP. And that was with only 94 yards of offense. 150 yards could have been done with a 12/24 performance. That alone would have opened up a little more wiggle room in the running game. The play calling/QB play allowed us to do nothing offensively in that game.

I think we went into "tuck your tail between your legs" playcall mode after Greer threw that 2nd pick. Like another poster stated, play calling was bad due to bad play at the QB. Of course, who gets the ultimate blame for putting a guy who isn't ready for FBS football and a backup that wouldn't be a scholly QB on most other FBS rosters??