College Gameday calling out Mean Green Fans

Mean_Green09

On a side note, Denton could learn a few things from the city of Fort Worth. Anytime there is a major sporting event in the metroplex, ESPN will be broadcasting from there portable studio outside in the new Sundance Square Pavillion in downtown Fort Worth.

When Fort Worth was building this Pavillion, they worked hand in hand with ESPN to ensure they had all the infrastructure in the places where ESPN wanted it (electrical outlets, etc.) for portible studio purposes.

Any major event at Jerryworld? ESPN will be in Fort Worth.

Great planning by Fort Worth. Arlington? Not so much, but what's new...

Also, how happy is KFWR (95.9 the Ranch) that there neon building sign is prominently shown right over the heads of the ESPN studio crew during broadcasts from the Pavillion. Nothing like an entire weekend of free national advertising.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Again, if someone could organize a watch party in downtown Fort Worth for our game and encourage people to head out to Gameday before hand, this would be ideal.

This is really a rare opportunity. Gameday is in town, and not in town for any school within 200 miles of DFW. This is a unique opportunity to make this a UNT Gameday (about as close as Gameday will ever get to the UNT campus) and really piss off both OSU and TCU in the process.

Remember all those SMU fans that kept popping up on Gameday demanding a better conference? And then they got into one?

This could be a very rare opportunity. Hope we take advantage.

• Upvote 4

I feel like if College GameDay ever set foot in Denton I would still see at least 10 threads on this board complaining about it.

"It's too early"

"Why isn't Gameday broadcasting from X location"

"Too many greeks are here"

"Why is the Green Brigade dressed in X"

"Why did we give the Denia residents priority access to be on ESPN"

"Why is the Eli Young Band picking the games it should be someone more national like Dr Phil"

"The athletic department really screwed up because there are way too many shades of green in the shot"

"Since Gameday is here I have to miss my kid's soccer game, and my wife will hate me so Gameday should really reschedule"

• Upvote 5

And to think, you nearly fooled me with your contrite spirit a thread ago.

nope, just calling a spade a spade. If the little cream puffs can't wear full uniforms for a game, why expect them to wear them for this? I am telling you now, I am tired of the pussy mentality on here and I am going to call people out on it. If it pisses a few people off that refuse to shave and bathe regularly, so be it.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

nope, just calling a spade a spade. If the little cream puffs can't wear full uniforms for a game, why expect them to wear them for this? I am telling you now, I am tired of the pussy mentality on here and I am going to call people out on it. If it pisses a few people off that refuse to shave and bathe regularly, so be it.

you sound real tough

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1