DMN Ignores UNT

That sucks. Only team in the DFW to go to a bowl last year, yet no coverage. An obvious slight by a non alum author of the article.

In another tidbit. It looks like coach Bro decided the female deserved to be punched in the face and has reinstated his top WR recruit, and he make the list for high impact freshman. Ugh.

Man, that's inexcusable. Seriously, there are only two explanations as to why North Texas was not mentioned and both of them are bad. They either forgot about us, which is laughable because we were the most successful college team in the Metroplex and won the Bowl literally played about five miles from their headquarters!!

Or, they deliberately left us off, which is equally asinine.

I hope Jalen Adams puts up better numbers than every name listed in that freaking article.

Scrolled through the entire college sports "headlines" section and didn't find a single write-up on UNT. That's just strange. I've always thought/known the DMN to be better rag, overall, than the Houston Chronicle (which isn't saying much) but to the Chron's credit, their sports section not only covers the UT/A&M/RICE/UH stuff, but also lends space to HBU, Lamar, SHSU and SFA.

This is embarrassing. For us and for the DMN.

• Upvote 1

It' pretty much par for their course. It's a reason why I quit taking the DMN after more than 50 years.

If they had not included SMU it would've been P5 teams only and that might have been understandable. But, they included Oklahoma and not Oklahoma State which was definitely an Oklahoma snub. So, if they were going for P5 schools in the two-state area they should not have included SMU and included OSU.

I can understand the writer's bias but the editor should have corrected the situation.

Edited by GrayEagle

Scrolled through the entire college sports "headlines" section and didn't find a single write-up on UNT. That's just strange. I've always thought/known the DMN to be better rag, overall, than the Houston Chronicle (which isn't saying much) but to the Chron's credit, their sports section not only covers the UT/A&M/RICE/UH stuff, but also lends space to HBU, Lamar, SHSU and SFA.

This is embarrassing. For us and for the DMN.

Do you think that, in the DMN's staff's mind, they have us covered with a designated beat reporter via the Denton Record-Chronicle - which is a Belo publication? That is the only conclusion I can come to.

Do you think that, in the DMN's staff's mind, they have us covered with a designated beat reporter via the Denton Record-Chronicle - which is a Belo publication? That is the only conclusion I can come to.

I thought about this and initially thought that was a possibility. In truth, I really tried to rationalize a reason why we'd be left out, in hopes maybe we were just being sensitive little mean green fans (as we are, on occasion). Went the Big XII route (then noticed OSU's absence and SMU's inclusion). Thought about the P5 (HA) angle, but again, OSU was omitted. I also considered that Denton has its own paper and beat reporter covering the team. But then, so does Norman, Austin, Fort Worth, Waco, etc.

And then I decided, nah... it's just sh!tty. Like, how much more work could it have been to provide a comprehensive list that included THE largest University in the Metromess?

Edited by Eagle1855