NFL draft

UNT90

Is this the year we break a pretty unbelievable drought?

Where and when do you think Zach Orr will go?

Will Abbe get a look?

Brelan?

Will Trice's size keep him from being drafted?

Discuss.

Edited by UNT90

My Top 5 UNT NFL Draft Prospects

1. Zach Orr

2. Marcus Trice

3. Brelan Chancellor

4. Derek Thompson

5. Aaron Bellazin

I think if anybody gets the call its Orr. The WR position is so so deep that's going to hurt Brelan. On most boards Brelan is probably ranked between 40-60 best WR. Hard to believe CBS had him ranked like 529 overall. Its only takes one team to like him. All 5 of these guys including Abbe should be UDFAs. I think Orr Trice and Chancellor will make rosters

Yeah, a DT from Southern Miss and a CB from Rice. A guy from Pittsburgh State got drafted. How a guy like Brelan doesn't get picked up in the next 154 picks is beyond me. He's a game changer that will translate to the next level. A couple more years of body maturity he could a next up and coming Wes Welker type player.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, a DT from Southern Miss and a CB from Rice. A guy from Pittsburgh State got drafted. How a guy like Brelan doesn't get picked up in the next 154 picks is beyond me. He's a game changer that will translate to the next level. A couple more years of body maturity he could a next up and coming Wes Welker type player.

Well the guy from Pittsburgh State got selected for his tremendous speed (4.3) and great production 32 career TDs.

The size and durability issues are the biggest question marks for NFL scouts. Certainly they don't doubt his effort and commitment.

I hope he gets picked, but I just don't see it.

Brelan is tied with 20+ other players left on the board in position player rating. Brelan was rated a 5.1. Same as Zach Mettenberger and a bunch of other house hold names. Aaron Murray as well, 5.1. Aaron Murray has been evaluated and projected as a career backup player. Don't know a lot of already dubbed career backup being drafted. But he will be...

• Downvote 1

1. Zach Orr

2. Marcus Trice

3. Brelan Chancellor

4. Derek Thompson

5. Aaron Bellazin

I think if anybody gets the call its Orr. The WR position is so so deep that's going to hurt Brelan. On most boards Brelan is probably ranked between 40-60 best WR. Hard to believe CBS had him ranked like 529 overall. Its only takes one team to like him. All 5 of these guys including Abbe should be UDFAs. I think Orr Trice and Chancellor will make rosters

Interesting. Like you said, it just takes 1 team, but I just can't see Orr being drafted after the numbers he put up on pro day. We all love Zach and everything he's done, but those numbers were killer in his chances at getting drafted. I agree that I think he gets invited to a camp and does great on the field, but I can't see a team actually using a draft pick on him.

As for Chancellor, he has to be the most likely to get drafted. I don't see the injury concern. He only got injured once in his career. I get that he's little, but he's very strong and was one of our strongest players, pound for pound on our team. Not to mention he had by far the most combine comparable numbers at our pro day. I don't think he's likely to get drafted, but he's our only player who I could actually see a team spending a draft pick on, because of his return abilities. A Marc Mariani type late round pick.

I'm interested in what you think about DT. All his UNT criticism aside, I think his throwing motion is what would deter NFL scouts first. He has the long, pitcher-type motion that got Tim Tebow just hammered by NFL analysts. And they ended up being warranted. I agree that he has a check for size and arm strength, I just don't know if that's enough to overcome the X marks for his production and throwing motion.

Even if these guys don't get drafted, I can't wait to hear them getting invited to camps. They all deserve it and will represent us well.

He won't make a roster. Accuracy subpar, arm strength decent, but not what the NFL is looking for. Toughness is his best attribute. His football IQ is questionable due to his TD:INT ratio. For someone who was one of the fewest sacked or pressured QB's in the country throughout his career a career ratio of 1;1 doesn't bode well. Hopefully he gets an invite to a NFL camp and maybe makes a CFL team after all the dust clears. Not a knock on him, just being honest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Zach Orr

2. Marcus Trice

3. Brelan Chancellor

4. Derek Thompson

5. Aaron Bellazin

I would make a few changes to your top 5.

1. Brelan

2. Zach

3. Aaron

4. Abbe

5. Marcus

6. Byrd

7. Darnell

8. Boutwell

9. LaChris

10. Pleasant

11. Wright

12. Sarge

13. Miller

14. Prior

15. Scrappy

16. RV

17. A windmill

18. Spiriki

19. Derek

I kid, i kid.

I would make a few changes to your top 5.

1. Brelan

2. Zach

3. Aaron

4. Abbe

5. Marcus

6. Byrd

7. Darnell

8. Boutwell

9. LaChris

10. Pleasant

11. Wright

12. Sarge

13. Miller

14. Prior

15. Scrappy

16. RV

17. A windmill

18. Spiriki

19. Derek

I kid, i kid.

I know you're kidding, so know I'm not coming down on you personally. I just wanted to make things clear that I do not want this to turn into a DT-bashing thread. I mainly wanted to see what 09 though about DT's throwing motion and if he thought that would hurt his chances, because I think it does. Just like with Tebow, as earlier mentioned.

But if I just wanted his opinion I would've pm'ed him. Everyone else's opinions are more than welcome, I just don't want it to be another shot to make a dig at DT. Just discussing football.

I could see DT making a practice squad or even 3rd team QB out of camp. He will not be drafted for the reasons stated above. I also don't think his arm strength is NFL quality.

Don't get me wrong, I think DT was a fine college QB that was held back by the system he was forced to run, and I think his strengths are leadership, toughness, and football IQ. Unfortunately, you need physical gifts to play this position in the NFL that I think DT just doesn't possess.

I know you're kidding, so know I'm not coming down on you personally. I just wanted to make things clear that I do not want this to turn into a DT-bashing thread. I mainly wanted to see what 09 though about DT's throwing motion and if he thought that would hurt his chances, because I think it does. Just like with Tebow, as earlier mentioned.

But if I just wanted his opinion I would've pm'ed him. Everyone else's opinions are more than welcome, I just don't want it to be another shot to make a dig at DT. Just discussing football.

My 1-6 are the guys I think might have a chance. Brelan gets picked.

La Tech D-tackle just got drafted.

SN: I don't see La Tech taking a big step up this year, like some are predicting, after they fell off last year. They actually lost more seniors than we did, including a lot of their best players, save for their RB Dixon. And they still are weak at qb.