NBC hit piece on "Climate change" airing now

For those science denial enthusiasts among you who like to believe that climate change is real but may be caused by natural fluctuations in sun spots or some other non-anthropogenic factor please see this review of research by Dr. Shaun Lovejoy, a physicist at McGill Universoty -

http://www.labmanager.com/news/2014/04/is-global-warming-just-a-giant-natural-fluctuation-

Of course '90 will make a case that Dr. Lovejoy was paid to do the study by the pro-tax/anti-corporate lobby.

Link doesn't work.

Rick

--- You don't need government funding to see so many glaciers are gone or much smaller .. pictures work... nor do you need funding to see mountains that were snow covered year around that now have none much of the year.. Plus many lakes are lower and areas drier than they have ever been while other areas have had even more rain... (lakes may not be a great indication though, years do vary) Go ahead and deny the obvious.... We are going to not convince anyone that doesn't want to believe it.... for whatever reason they come up with.... After all there are still people who doubt we ever went to the moon despite all the weather and communication satellites that are now circling the earth. .... As for what is causing the weather to change somewhat.. that is debatable ... not that things are changing... even this winter was worse especially in the northern USA than most is likely due to more moisture (probably due to more ocean evaporation) in the atmosphere.

Sometimes the truth just isn't what you want it to be.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 1

--- You don't need government funding to see so many glaciers are gone or much smaller .. pictures work... nor do you need funding to see mountains that were snow covered year around that now have none much of the year.. Plus many lakes are lower and areas drier than they have ever been while other areas have had even more rain... (lakes may not be a great indication though, years do vary) Go ahead and deny the obvious.... We are going to not convince anyone that doesn't want to believe it.... for whatever reason they come up with.... After all there are still people who doubt we ever went to the moon despite all the weather and communication satellites that are now circling the earth. .... As for what is causing the weather to change somewhat.. that is debatable ... not that things are changing... even this winter was worse especially in the northern USA than most is likely due to more moisture (probably due to more ocean evaporation) in the atmosphere.

Sometimes the truth just isn't what you want it to be.

Talk to some old timers from the N.E. see what they tell you about bad winters in the past. The human condition always makes the most recent weather phenomena the "worst ever."

As for your observations of snow melt, well, GWTW should disagree with you on the basis of scientific measures used in your determination, but I doubt it happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Talk to some old timers from the N.E. see what they tell you about bad winters in the past. The human condition always makes the most recent weather phenomena the "worst ever."

As for your observations of snow melt, well, GWTW should disagree with you on the basis of scientific measures used in your determination, but I doubt it happens.

---As I said ... it is more about glaciers melted away and polar caps decreasing also ocean temps than weather or temps anywhere... Never said NE was the worst ever but it was very bad... and it is consistent with what would be expected. 90% of people in weather science think it is happening but maybe you are smarter than they are. The Pope and others once insisted the world was flat also ... go outside and look ... it looks flat..especially in a lot of West Texas. ..was he right.. ? .. plus some deny we have been to the moon ... what a ridiculious claim to say we have.... haha

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Downvote 1

---As I said ... it is more about glaciers melted away and polar caps decreasing also ocean temps than weather or temps anywhere... Never said NE was the worst ever but it was very bad... and it is consistent with what would be expected. 90% of people in weather science think it is happening but maybe you are smarter than they are. The Pope and others once insisted the world was flat also ... go outside and look ... it looks flat..especially in a lot of West Texas. ..was he right.. ? .. plus some deny we have been to the moon ... what a ridiculious claim to say we have.... haha

Party line, brother.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I wasn't aware that party lines still existed these days. Who is your service provider? :-)

I was never exposed to a party line, but I know what they are. I wonder what the age cut off is for understanding your remark? Considering most people under 40 don't even have a home phone line. Video Stores, yellow pages. floppy disks, film, pay phones, VHS, the cold war?

Party line, brother.

Nothing will convince '90. For him and those like him everything is indeed 'Party'. Reality is trumped by ideology. They have an infinite ability to rationalize the disconnect between what they want to believe and what science tells them. "Scientists lie - they have to if they want funding", "Scientists disagree with the consensus - but they're afraid of the repercussions if they voice their disagreement", "Scientists are part of the liberal, academic conspiracy", etc., etc, etc. So much BS.

They would argue for a flat earth if it meant lower taxes.

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Nothing will convince '90. For him and those like him everything is indeed 'Party'. Reality is trumped by ideology. They have an infinite ability to rationalize the disconnect between what they want to believe and what science tells them. "Scientists lie - they have to if they want funding", "Scientists disagree with the consensus - but they're afraid of the repercussions if they voice their disagreement", "Scientists are part of the liberal, academic conspiracy", etc., etc, etc. So much BS.

Read Death of Innocents then come back and chat with me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like you are the exact same to me, you will not question a thing on your side of the wall which seems completely blind. So your as full of BS as anyone.

Sounds like you are the exact same to me, you will not question a thing on your side of the wall which seems completely blind. So your as full of BS as anyone.

My side of the wall has the science. I think I'll stick with that.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My side of the wall has the science. I think I'll stick with that.

That is where you are making your biggest mistake and you are clearly blind to it. So enjoy being on the flat earth with your mind firmly shut.