Can we fire benford yet?

eagle2014

HAHAHAHAHA

Have you checked out the team youtube channel or the comments section in the DRC etc... The only people who pay attention enough to know something needs to be done are in these boards. Everyone else sees the kids camps or the team reaching out to another sub pop and being out. There are 6 people on this thread right now. Not a lot... Those are the ones paying attention. Not your average citizen of denton country.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 1

Have you checked out the team youtube channel or the comments section in the DRC etc... The only people who pay attention enough to know something needs to be done are in these boards. Everyone else sees the kids camps or the team reaching out to another sub pop and being out. There are 6 people on this thread right now. Not a lot... Those are the ones paying attention. Not your average citizen of denton country.

Maybe because we have sucked for two years and there is no hope nor reason to care.

Nah, I stopped showing up to basketball games after the MTSU game. and before that I had been to half of what I normally am. I still buy season tickets, so it's not like I can't afford or want to take the time to drive up to Denton. It's that I have no reason to anymore

I've found peace with that.

• Upvote 1

Maybe because we have sucked for two years and there is no hope nor reason to care.

Do you honestly believe that the average citizen knows anything about UNT basketball? Or even UNT football? Not trying to be rude but it's an actual question. Even when we were winning no one even knew who our coach or players were. Tony mitchell brought some attention but between his effort and losing games it got lost quickly.

Do you honestly believe that the average citizen knows anything about UNT basketball? Or even UNT football? Not trying to be rude but it's an actual question. Even when we were winning no one even knew who our coach or players were. Tony mitchell brought some attention but between his effort and losing games it got lost quickly.

You're right...When benford started coaching mitchell, they lost 20 games...

• Upvote 2

You're right...When benford started coaching mitchell, they lost 20 games...

It was a mix of both. Mitchell is an incredible athlete and I want him to make it big in the NBA. He just did not do what we thought he would here. Nor has Benford. If there is a change to be do it at the end of the year. Idk why people think I would extend Be fords contract or offer him more. I just would not donate to his buy out. I would not for any coach. At the end of the year who knows what could happen. If a new coach comes in and we only win 8 games I will still support him the next year. Every coach needs a single season to get it going no matter what they inherit. At the end of the year let's see what happens to and Benford. Either way I will be at every game next year.

He's right. Attendance has not gone up at Apogee since the bowl game.

In regards to any success? I do not hear people talking I UNT after the bowl win (sadly). It's just denton maybe. I'm pretty sure the same stuff was said over on the football boards all season when people wanted to hit 30k. I am sure we will hit 30k next year. However in general it takes a lot for the average person in denton to get interested in UNT sports.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In regards to any success? I do not hear people talking I UNT after the bowl win (sadly). It's just denton maybe. I'm pretty sure the same stuff was said over on the football boards all season when people wanted to hit 30k. I am sure we will hit 30k next year. However in general it takes a lot for the average person in denton to get interested in UNT sports.

Sure. And shitty basketball isn't going to make anyone interested.

Every coach runs camps...every coach does work in the community...every coach tries to make his players better people both on and off the court...

Some, though, actually have a rat's ass idea of how to coach a basketball team to play basketball.

The Dallas/SMU apathetic relationship has been worse the Denton/UNT for some time now...since the 80s. SMU sold out Moody the other night. Why? Because they're playing good basketball and they have Dallas interested.

• Upvote 2

We will get it back. I'm not to interested or concerned with what SMU is doing, they were thinking the same thing when we had JJ and went to the dance. Hopefully something will change and we will be back on top. SMU just has it right now. I for one just am interested in having a new basketball arena. Have not been to moody but it sounds exciting. UNT could bring that back win or lose.

• Downvote 3

We will get it back. I'm not to interested or concerned with what SMU is doing, they were thinking the same thing when we had JJ and went to the dance. Hopefully something will change and we will be back on top. SMU just has it right now. I for one just am interested in having a new basketball arena. Have not been to moody but it sounds exciting. UNT could bring that back win or lose.

What's with all this new arena talk? I mean, it'd be nice, but the pit isn't a bad place to watch a game.

Were they really thinking the same thing?

You can't buy SMU home tickets. You couldn't give away UNT tickets.

Also, your whole "average Dentonite doesn't know UNT" is moronic. They would've known the basketball team had TB not ruined it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, I care. I guess if Denton has Andrews perspective then North Texas should just pack up athletics in general and focus that money on academic buildings, education and scholarships. Let's all not care and let's not try to market to the town of Denton.

Your worse then my father in law haha. I guess you do not listen either. In this case read I suppose... Just because I am depicting another point of view does not mean that is what I believe. That is what is most amazing to me. Just because I share something that someone holds true does not mean that is my opinion. I am saying that the general population of denton is not interested. It does not mean you pack up athletics. I go to every football and basketball game. It will just take a lot for people to pay attention in denton.

Edited by Andrew
  • Downvote 2

Your worse the. My father in law. I guess you do not listen either. In this case read I suppose... Just because I am depicting another point of view does not mean that is what I believe. That is what is most amazing to me. Just because I share something that someone holds true does not mean that is my opinion. I am saying that the general population of denton is not interested. It does not mean you pack up athletics. I go to every football and basketball game. It will just take a lot for people to pay attention in denton.

Your worse the.

Huh??

It doesn't hold true.

It's your opinion.

Were they really thinking the same thing?

You can't buy SMU home tickets. You couldn't give away UNT tickets.

Also, your whole "average Dentonite doesn't know UNT" is moronic. They would've known the basketball team had TB not ruined it.

Really? Hardly any one at my work knows who the UNT basketball coach is. The only reason they knew in years past is because Johnny would come up and eat with his if over lunch sometimes. I talk about it during lunch and no one has a clue. There are a few who do. Of the few there are some who like Benford and at least one who do not. That would be a good example of the general population. Going to your neighbors house and asking them if they know who the UNT basketball coach is would be another. Do y'all just attempt to argue every point into the ground just to pay yourself on the back?

- stretching it from wanting to fire Benford now. Wait until the season is over and let's see what moves happen.

• Downvote 1

Your worse the.

Huh??

It doesn't hold true.

It's your opinion.

That is not my opinion. That is what I so not understand... It is not my opinion that UNT should pack up athletics or that there is no hope. It is however a fact at this point and time that there is not a lot of interested in UNT athletics from people outside of these boards, campus, and a few other local alumni.it is growing which is a good thing. Y just cannot sit there and tell me that a lot of people in Denton want Benford fired. A lot of people in Denton would have no clue who you were talking about. Even 5 years ago a lot would still not know who JJ was. Edited by Andrew

Really? Hardly any one at my work knows who the UNT basketball coach is. The only reason they knew in years past is because Johnny would come up and eat with his if over lunch sometimes. I talk about it during lunch and no one has a clue. There are a few who do. Of the few there are some who like Benford and at least one who do not. That would be a good example of the general population. Going to your neighbors house and asking them if they know who the UNT basketball coach is would be another. Do y'all just attempt to argue every point into the ground just to pay yourself on the back?

- stretching it from wanting to fire Benford now. Wait until the season is over and let's see what moves happen.

Nice straw man!

*pats himself on a back*

Because personal opinions on what you want to believe are valid!

Ok go to the denton mall and just ask random people what they think of the basketball situation at north Texas. Moat people will say oh yea I loved how they win that bowl... Or man they are um... Doing good.....?

I am not being optimistic of any situation. I am telling you for a fact they don't. There are what 90k people in Denton? If even half of them know anything about UNT basketball I will buy you a dinner. Heck go to the mall, walmart, and a restaurant and video your interaction. Ask your waiter. Let me know what you get.

A bunch more people cared 2 years ago, Skiv.