We will be 25 point dogs.

At least.

Probably, but who cares?

I remember when the Aggies hired Mike Sherman to take over for Franchione in 2008. Their first game was a home game against the powerhouse SBC team, Arkansas State. The Red Wolves promptly ran A&M into the ground and beat them. Not saying that's gonna happen, here, but we have just as good a chance of pulling off something similar if UT isn't ready for us and if we can run the football. Their QB situation is still gonna be terrible, IMO, next year in Austin. We'll see...

I think we will probably lose big, but I also believe this is our best chance to compete with them since we played them in 2002 and lost 27-0.

Edited by untjim1995

Probably, but who cares?

I remember when the Aggies hired Mike Sherman to take over for Franchione in 2008. Their first game was a home game against the powerhouse SBC team, Arkansas State. The Red Wolves promptly ran A&M into the ground and beat them. Not saying that's gonna happen, here, but we have just as good a chance of pulling off something similar if UT isn't ready for us and if we can run the football. Their QB situation is still gonna be terrible, IMO, next year in Austind. We'll see...

I think we will probably lose big, but I also believe this is our best chance to compete with them since we played them in 2002 and lost 27-0.

Hey, I said we catch them at a good time and that there is a chance it occurs.

Thinking that it absolutely WILL occur is foolish. All I did was tell y'all what I believe the line will be and what a monumental challenge this will be for pur team.

We could win by 3 or lose by 30 (for you, old guy). But some see a 22 point loss as a success to these guys, so 25 or 30 shouldn't get everyone up in arms.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Recruiting isn't finished, coaching staffs aren't filled, spring practice has yet to take place. There is a long way to go before we take on UT.

Strong will do one thing for them. He will make them a tougher team. You can't argue against that. They should be a much better prepared team when the game roles around next year.

The reason UNT fans should be optimistic about this game is because the talent level is not a huge difference. UT has struggled to recognize and develop talent in recent years. That's why Mack is out. In fact if you talk to some people who are well in tune with their program they'd say the talent is worse now then when Mack took over. The difference is Mack had built the UT brand back up so it will be easier for the right coach to turn it around quicker.

I think for UNT you hope that UT doesn't make the right hire for the offensive staff. Why? Well Strong is one of the bright defensive minds in college football he won't be involved in the offense he is going to let his staff do what they need to. If he does make a great hire for OC it's going to make it much tougher for UNT.

I say wait till we see how things transpire during Spring Ball. That's going to tell us a little bit of where we stand going into next year. Perhaps it will paint a better picture on our chances against UT next year. Lots of questions to be answered in my mind.

Hey, I said we catch them at a good time and that there is a chance it occurs.

Thinking that it absolutely WILL occur is foolish. All I did was tell y'all what I believe the line will be and what a monumental challenge this will be for pur team.

We could win by 3 or lose by 30 (for you, old guy). But some see a 22 point loss as a success to these guys, so 25 or 30 shouldn't get everyone up in arms.

Are you the person who said UNT losing to UTSA would absolutely not happen?

• Upvote 1

I've never been a fan of college referees using instant replay to determine calls. But if we had had replay back in '88, we would have won.

I can't wait until August 30.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

In '68 too against Arkansas in Little Rock. I was there, we was robbed.

They are looking at bringing in the OC Shawn Watson from Louisville. If that does happen it would be a big mistake in my opinion. Watson and Louisville D cord V Bedford interviewed for the Louisville job. Both are candidates for the openings in Austin

So so you subscribe to a paysite or do you wish you were a paysite?

• Downvote 2

The way you get responded to for giving knowledgable insight is a Grade-A example of why so many posters (including those who know what they're talking about) are pushed away from this board.

I have to deal with several friends who cover the program in-depth for a living and force me to hear about it generally against my will, so I guess I should be happier about our fans who seem to love Texas and seem to be parroting the stuff on the paysites that the other guys are out there trying to clear up.

EDIT: Oh god, I've set up a back and forth about young guns and loving other schools. I'm off to eat the cyanide pill now.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have to deal with several friends who cover the program in-depth for a living and force me to hear about it generally against my will, so I guess I should be happier about our fans who seem to love Texas and seem to be parroting the stuff on the paysites that the other guys are out there trying to clear up.

The amount of UT talk has been way too high and the only scenario I'd ever be okay with us talking this much about them would be if we end up in the Big 12 with them (not holding out much hope on that one). I don't have anything personally invested in these talks other than the fact that they're our first opponent next year.