TV Rating?

GreenGuy123

I know it's not likely to be high, but any word on the HOD Bowl tv rating? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Given that the ratings are sold for use in advertising sales, it is likely going to be tough to find unless it is published with permission. After all bowls are broadcast, we may get a ranking of all bowls by rating, but I wouldn't guess that it is likely until then.

Given that the ratings are sold for use in advertising sales, it is likely going to be tough to find unless it is published with permission. After all bowls are broadcast, we may get a ranking of all bowls by rating, but I wouldn't guess that it is likely until then.

Not true. You can find ratings for pretty much every show out there.

Check back here: http://sonofthebronx.blogspot.com/ in about a week.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Uncle Barky to the rescue...I emailed him this morning (in response to this thread's request) and got this from him:

UNT-UNLV game averaged a not too bad 106,520 DFW viewers on ESPNU. Full story now posted on unclebarky.com if you want to look further.

unclebarky.com, then click on the DFW link on the right.

Decent numbers, especially if you factor in that ESPNU is on fewer TV's than the Deuce, and that ESPN is the default station most turn to for bowl/sports coverage.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 4

Uncle Barky to the rescue...I emailed him this morning (in response to this thread's request) and got this from him:

UNT-UNLV game averaged a not too bad 106,520 DFW viewers on ESPNU. Full story now posted on

Decent numbers, especially if you factor in that ESPNU is on fewer TV's than the Deuce, and that ESPN is the default station most turn to for bowl/sports coverage.

GMG

That's a really good local number. It'll be interesting to see what the national average is when it comes out.

UNT-UNLV game averaged a not too bad 106,520 DFW viewers on ESPNU. Full story now posted on unclebarky.com if you want to look further.

GMG

I don't think it would include people that streamed the game through the internet.

Demo breakdowns are what interest advertisers more these days. That 106 number is a good number considering time of day and espnu. I believe it beat The LSU game on ESPN 2. I think this shows ESPN that they can do alright with us in big games.

GMG

I prefer the Ocho over the Deuce

I wonder what the national total numbers were.