Liberty Bowl

Rudy

I'm putting it out there. I hope Rice gets the shit kicked out of them by Miss. St. We beat their asses off the field, and we end up with UNLV rather than any of the P5 schools.

I know they won the CUSA, and have "earned" the right to play in this game. But, I can't help but think that UNT would have been the best CUSA representative for any of the games against a P5 school.

We got hosed.

I hope the SEC puts Rice in their place.

Having said all that, I am totally psyched that we are in the Heart of Dallas bowl! And I can't wait to see us go out there and put a whoopin' on UNLV.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I hope Rice wins and gets CUSA teams more chances to play P5 schools. Bowls like competitive games. I would like to see us play Mississippi State I think we would stand a chance to really compete compared to Georgia, LSU, and Alabama type games.

I'm putting it out there. I hope Rice gets the shit kicked out of them by Miss. St. We beat their asses off the field, and we end up with UNLV rather than any of the P5 schools.

I know they won the CUSA, and have "earned" the right to play in this game. But, I can't help but think that UNT would have been the best CUSA representative for any of the games against a P5 school.

We got hosed.

Having said all that, I am totally psyched that we are in the Heart of Dallas bowl! And I can't wait to see us go out there and put a whoopin' on UNLV.

No, we hosed ourselves by laying eggs against two inferior teams.

• Upvote 4

We got hosed.

I'm not going to -1 you, but I don't understand rooting against Rice in this. All a Rice win does is improve the perception of CUSA and of us because we will have beaten an 11 win team. A Rice loss makes our conference and us by extension look like a joke because our champion loses to a middle of the pack SEC team.

I would love to see UNT in this game, but we didn't win the conference championship and that wasn't Rice's fault.

Go Rice!

• Upvote 2

We got hosed.

No. It all comes down to pecking order. The SEC is the best conference in America hands down. A win by our conference's champion over an SEC team, even if it's not Bama or LSU, looks good on all of us. Especially since we owned Rice on Halloween night.

• Upvote 2

You guys give sound reasoning. Next time I'll think before I type.

I guess more than anything, I wanted to see us play against a P5 school to see how we would stack up. (Georgia was early in the year and we weren't playing our best yet.)

However it ended up, we didn't get the opponent I think UNT deserves. I'm sure UNLV would love to see their team playing someone else too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You guys give sound reasoning. Next time I'll think before I type.

I guess more than anything, I wanted to see us play against a P5 school to see how we would stack up. (Georgia was early in the year and we weren't playing our best yet.)

However it ended up, we didn't get the opponent I think UNT deserves. I'm sure UNLV would love to see their team playing someone else too.

Yet, UNLV only beat one team with a winning record and nearly lost to Hawaii. They're lucky to be in a bowl.

There is no excuse for us to lose to them. At all. Will be a huge disappointment.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

Yet, UNLV only beat one team with a winning record and nearly lost to Hawaii. They're lucky to be in a bowl.

There is no excuse for us to lose to them. At all. Will be a huge disappointment.

I think we can win, but it will be competitive.

I honestly do not know what to expect from DT. Their QB has played much more efficiently. I do think we'll run better than they will run against us, giving DT some wiggle room.

Would love to see a 20 point win lol

EDIT: I noticed UNLV has split their last 6 games, recently struggling against the run. We'll see!

Edited by greenminer