Mean Green insurgency at UIL Championships

I'm hearing around me that since Texas is headless at the moment, Jerrod Heard is thinking of pulling his consideration there. Then, there's supposedly a bunch of Oregon scouts here tonight looking at his RB Breedlove and the murmurs are they might both go to Eugene.

With all due respect to Breedlove, don't believe that for a second. Breedlove isn't legitimately on Oregon's radar and they already have two 4-star running backs committed for this class. They could also be there to try and see if Roberson, the defensive end for Brennan, is worth trying to steal from Texas while Texas finds a new coach. Also Heard.

Plenty of scouts will be there all weekend for all the state championship games. Great opportunity for a lot of those kids.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Did not realize until I read the paper this morning that Roberson had only one tackle in the game last night.

You could tell from the beginning of the game who was going to take it home. Maybe it comes with having a few more years of being an established program, but Guyer was so much more disciplined and level headed than Brennan. Any coach that berates his staff in that kind of game, ON TV, is either an ass or bad example and emotional train wreck for his players. You just cant lose it like that in THIS kind of HS game. I was embarrassed for him.

Brennans athletes held a similar temperment. There were big mistakes on both sides of the field. And Roberson, being a pass rusher, was losing his mind last night. lol. It helps when you play a Cedar Hill team pre-season so that when you are beating everyone in your district by 50, your team doesnt get too cocky. Brennan was completely unprepared for what it felt like to be challenged. Hard to watch.

But, that #44 was a BEAST.

That being said, facts remain the same. The NTX just does football better. :)

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

You could tell from the beginning of the game who was going to take it home. Maybe it comes with having a few more years of being an established program, but Guyer was so much more disciplined and level headed than Brennan. Any coach that berates his staff in that kind of game, ON TV, is either an ass or bad example and emotional train wreck for his players. You just cant lose it like that in THIS kind of HS game. I was embarrassed for him.

Brennans athletes held a similar temperment. There were big mistakes on both sides of the field. And Roberson, being a pass rusher, was losing his mind last night. lol. It helps when you play a Cedar Hill team pre-season so that when you are beating everyone in your district by 50, your team doesnt get too cocky. Brennan was completely unprepared for what it felt like to be challenged. Hard to watch.

But, that #44 was a BEAST.

That being said, facts remain the same. The NTX just does football better. :)

I'm sure you are a big coach Walsh fan, but I've seen him do the exact same thing to his players on tv before. Maybe he has matured and mellowed some since then, but he has exhibited that same nearly out of control behavior before.

I'm sure you are a big coach Walsh fan, but I've seen him do the exact same thing to his players on tv before. Maybe he has matured and mellowed some since then, but he has exhibited that same nearly out of control behavior before.

I have been to almost every game for the last 3 years and never saw it go past yelling at a screw up on a series. NEVER at a staff member/ coordinator in front of his players. Maybe at his son a few years ago, though.