CUSA all conference teams

GreenBat

Felt like Y'Barbo got screwed -- there is no way he isn't one of the top linemen in C-USA. Other than that, no big issues for me. In such a big conference, even getting honorable mention is a real honor.

He was second team...in a bit of a subjective field.

I don't understand how your conference leader in sacks is only second team

As much as I love seeing that many UNT names on the list, I think it's hilarious (but also still cool) that Brelan counts x3. Does this mean we can officially clone him at least twice now? It's just funny that he counts as three players, not one player named three times, when they give their rundown of how many "players" were given all-conference honors.

He did get screwed. He's far and away the best lineman on our team.

Seeing talk like this makes me think that Cyril Lemon is our most under-appreciated player. Y'Barbo is more of a fiery guy and a damn good player, but Lemon has been our best, most consistent, and most versatile lineman on our team and maybe in our whole conference. Watch him pass block; he never gets beat and hes a road grader.

Y'Barbo's good, but the other guard picked was Will Simmons of ECU, who most predict to be a top 10, some say top 5 guard in this draft.

Y'Barbo being the third best guard in this conference behind Cyril Lemon, who has the best chance of any of our players to get drafted at some point, and Simmons who will likely get drafted this year is no knock on him. He's had a great season and luckily for us still has one more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we're in a great spot. And don't Buyers and Lee have 2 and 1 years left respectively or am I mistaken? If that's right then if they continue their level of production (and PAIN) it will be hard for anyone to continue to overlook them.

I hear you guys, just think Kenny Buyers and Laramie Lee should have seen better consideration.

Our conference is actually pretty loaded with defensive back talent. Conference tackle leader Michael Mudoh was relegated to second team at safety. It was not easy competition for Lee and it won't be next year. He's a stud for us whether he makes 1st, 2nd team, honorable mention, or none of the above.

Things don't get much easier at cornerback. Bryce Callahan, who was second-team all CUSA this year at cornerback, was first-team freshman All-American two years ago. And he was a darn good football player this year.

Part of it is that Buyers and Lee didn't have an overwhelming number of interceptions like some of their competition. But we know how good those guys are and how important they were to this team/defense. Honorable mention is no accomishment to scoff at.

Congratulations to all the guy that made the list. Well deserved.

My only issues with the list would be Lee and D. Smith. Lee was the hardest hitter all season, and intimidated receivers, tight ends, running backs, and QBs that crossed his path. I don't think we played a team this season with a harder hitter on it. That may not show up in the stats, but it was a tremendous advantage for our defense. Smith made the big/clutch catches while Chancellor was drawing double coverage. I thought Lee and D. Smith deserved at least second team honors. But, it is great to see so many Mean Green players represented on the All Conference Team.

Seeing talk like this makes me think that Cyril Lemon is our most under-appreciated player. Y'Barbo is more of a fiery guy and a damn good player, but Lemon has been our best, most consistent, and most versatile lineman on our team and maybe in our whole conference. Watch him pass block; he never gets beat and hes a road grader.

Y'Barbo's good, but the other guard picked was Will Simmons of ECU, who most predict to be a top 10, some say top 5 guard in this draft.

Y'Barbo being the third best guard in this conference behind Cyril Lemon, who has the best chance of any of our players to get drafted at some point, and Simmons who will likely get drafted this year is no knock on him. He's had a great season and luckily for us still has one more.

Completely false about Lemon. If you watched him close you will see he isn't our best ol. Y'barbo is the best lineman. Lemon played some rt this yr and got exposed. All conference teams are 100% politics especially when it comes to ol. Thats just the facts. If you dont want to believe that Y'barbo is our best lineman ask the players, they will tell you and they might not name Lemon as the 2nd or 3rd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you dont want to believe that Y'barbo is our best lineman ask the players, they will tell you and they might not name Lemon as the 2nd or 3rd.

Silly. If you're going argue Y'Barbo's case then do that. Saying they might not even consider Lemon the 3rd best linemen on the team is just not true. Cyril did not look nearly as good at right tackle, but he did his job and was playing out of position. They're both studs and they were both rewarded for it.

Don't worry, I'm close friends with a couple and have hung out with a lot of the lineman, offensive and defensive. They've said Lemon was the best lineman last year and this year. They all acknowledge that they're both good players and leaders on this team.

As for it being political, I'm not going to say that's completely untrue, but these are the coaches picks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Silly. If you're going argue Y'Barbo's case then do that. Saying they might not even consider Lemon the 3rd best linemen on the team is just not true. Cyril did not look nearly as good at right tackle, but he did his job and was playing out of position. They're both studs and they were both rewarded for it.

Don't worry, I'm close friends with a couple and have hung out with a lot of the lineman, offensive and defensive. They've said Lemon was the best lineman last year and this year. They all acknowledge that they're both good players and leaders on this team.

As for it being political, I'm not going to say that's completely untrue, but these are the coaches picks.

The fact that these are coaches picks are the main reason it's all politics. Who do you think nominates people for all-conference? The reason the coaches want you to believe Cyril is the best lineman is because he's the one they recruited. Period. If you watched any game film whatsoever, you'd know who our best lineman was.

• Upvote 1

The fact that these are coaches picks are the main reason it's all politics. Who do you think nominates people for all-conference? The reason the coaches want you to believe Cyril is the best lineman is because he's the one they recruited. Period. If you watched any game film whatsoever, you'd know who our best lineman was.

How many false starts did Cyril have? I seem to remember Y'Barbo having some at some of the worst times this year.

Great way to assess a lineman. How many false starts they had.

Look homie, I'm just pointing it out. To knock Lemon because you think Y'Barbo is better is silly. Neither are NFL-ready, or they'd be declaring. Both have strengths and weaknesses. It just so happens that the coaches in C-USA think Lemon is better. They obviously don't believe he's THAT MUCH better, or Y'Barbo would not be 2nd team.

We cant have a C-USA all-conference team made up entirely of Mean Green players.

Be happy Cyril is 1st team All-conference. He deserves it. Be glad Y'Barbo is 2nd team All-conference, he deserves it... and the great part is: He has another year to work his way onto 1st team!

• Upvote 1

Look homie, I'm just pointing it out. To knock Lemon because you think Y'Barbo is better is silly. Neither are NFL-ready, or they'd be declaring. Both have strengths and weaknesses. It just so happens that the coaches in C-USA think Lemon is better. They obviously don't believe he's THAT MUCH better, or Y'Barbo would not be 2nd team.

We cant have a C-USA all-conference team made up entirely of Mean Green players.

Be happy Cyril is 1st team All-conference. He deserves it. Be glad Y'Barbo is 2nd team All-conference, he deserves it... and the great part is: He has another year to work his way onto 1st team!

Thanks for the backup, John. But seriously, in the words of the great Admiral Ackbar "it's a trap."

They're making silly statements saying Cyril didn't deserve first team. No need to argue why Lemon is better than Y'Barbo by pointing out why Y'Barbo, our own player doesn't deserve first team. That's what they did with Lemon, our own player, which is ridiculous. But you saw that too and gave them both their dues rather than bash one.

And them for Denton America to tell me if I asked the players who they thought was better, they'd say Y'Barbo, when I've definitely had that conversation with many of them and they said Lemon was the best on the team the last two years. Not by much, but I have heard the players' takes. Both are highly respected and acknowledged and it's sort of a 1A and 1B thing.

Still wasn't as ridiculous as the conspiracy that Lemon made first team because Mac recruited him and didn't recruit Y'Barbo.

But you have he right outlook like always John. Be glad both were so highly regarded, and realize that both will have great shots at being the two first-team all conference guards next year with Will Simmons of ECU graduating and likely headed to the NFL.

Edited by BillySee58