UNT survives exhibition test

Harry

A 24 second shot chlock in college would not be a good idea if you enjoy upsets in March.

I'm ok with it. Once in a while there are upsets but generally speaking form usually holds and the best/bigger teams win.

This happens and I may never watch a college basketball game again. The NBA isn't basketball, it's entertainment.

The NBA style certainly has its flaws but IMO it's a far better brand of basketball to watch. Combined that with all the best players leaving after 1 year, they need to do something to try to make the brand better and make it more watchable.

Agree.. There is a reason I never watch all star games

I think the all star game comparison is a bit extreme. In the end I go back to brand of basketball and the college game right now lacks it. There's even been articles on the interest level of the game slowly decreasing in the past.

Form usually holds now (however, there are 12s over 5s practically every season), but with a 24 second clock it would hold to a even higher degree. The reason for this, other than just more possessions a game would give the better talent more chances to show their superiority is....a 24 second clock would lead to infinitely more ISO plays. Most college players can't do that now. I remember USC was running a pro style offense, without the talent, and were horrendous to watch. Let's face it - most teams do not have the talent to run tons of ISO plays. I mean maybe a UNC or Kentucky do...but they prefer to fast break anyway.

If you think basketball quality is bad now....trust me....you don't wanna see a 24 second clock.

Edited by CMJ

Incorporate NBA rules into college basketball and you kill it.

Imagine UNT playing Texas. We wouldn't get one call. Zero. Zip. Zilch.

If you incorporate star systems and 4 steps to the basket for certain players without a dribble, you kill this game.

I watch college basketball because the rules of badketball are enforced. Take the enforcement of those rules out and you take me out, also,

I only want the 24 second shot clock... Nothing else. The NBA has its own flaws that I do not wan to see at the college level. I just dislike seeing so many teams swinging the ball around the perimeter so often. Between that and the new ticky tak foul rule it is going to be one slow season for unt basketball. No point in having quick guards with so many fouls called.

I only want the 24 second shot clock... Nothing else. The NBA has its own flaws that I do not wan to see at the college level. I just dislike seeing so many teams swinging the ball around the perimeter so often. Between that and the new ticky tak foul rule it is going to be one slow season for unt basketball. No point in having quick guards with so many fouls called.

Actually having quick guards is gonna give you a major adavantage if they can't hand check you?

I would also think that the hand checking puts a premium on defensive alignment and positioning. Getting and keeping position on defense would be easier with quick guard play on the defensive end?