Lincoln Riley interviews for North Texas job

Harry

Looks like word is spreading fast in Oklahoma:

http://oklahoma.forums.rivals.com/threads/surely-not.28652/

It is a bitter pill to swallow seeing what they think of our job there. Maybe seeing that might temper some expectations.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how much of a dowry a woman puts out there, sometimes you just can't get past the warts.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It is a bitter pill to swallow seeing what they think of our job there. Maybe seeing that might temper some expectations.  Sometimes it doesn't matter how much of a dowry a woman puts out there, sometimes you just can't get past the warts.

A bitter pill to swallow when they see Riley wearing a North Texas shirt and standing on the sidelines of Apogee in 2016! Lol

I would love to see a coach of this caliber be here for only a few years and then go to a p5. That builds a foundation for us and if they got hired away that would  mean we would have a program that's turned around. 

Edited by UNTpolitico
  • Upvote 5

I think we just ruined the potential of hiring him. I'm sure he's pissed and probably wants to have nothing to do with us now. 

No way. It's all posturing. That's the way college football go. Like @Cerebus posted in the other thread, it's nice that UNT is now involved in these types of cat and mouse games and actually has the financial resources to truly attract these qualified candidates.

• Upvote 4

You guys married the 1st girl that kissed you? Jesus H. Christ, how about we wait until the Bowl Season is near completion to see who all is really interested and/or is available before anointing Riley the new HC?

This is where freakin' RV is really dropping the ball. He better do a thorough process and talk with as many candidates as possible. Not limit it to guys within a 100 mile radius.

Also, if this dude is going bitch over his name being released, then buh bye. If he can't handle that, he can't handle being a head coach at a FBS program.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

I think it's more likely that OU doesn't like seeing reports of their OC interviewing for jobs while they're still in the hunt for the Big 12 and National championships so they released a joint statement with Riley that he's still committed to the Sooners. 

I hope so.    Even if Riley turns out NOT to be the guy, I'd hate for him to be dismissive of us.
The rhetoric of posturing to keep OU morale up makes sense.  But I usually subscribe to taking people at their word.

• Upvote 1