We will beat Rice, and beat them easily - Prediction thread

UNT90

If the defense gives up 17 or more points, NT loses.

If NT has more turnovers than takeaways, NT loses.

If NT does not score a special teams or Defensive TD, NT loses.

With that said. Rices scores 13 points.

NT wins the takeaway battle 3-1

Chancellor returns a punt 67 yards for a TD.

NT 28

Rice 13

Just curious . . . if you think we'll score 28 points, why would we lose if Rice scores 17?

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to the question. Still curious as to the answer.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Just curious . . . if you think we'll score 28 points, why would we lose if Rice scores 17?

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to the question. Still curious as to the answer.

Because if Rice scores 17, NT does not score 28.

Disagree.

If we throw like we did against USM we lose unless the running game works as well as it did against USM.

Got to get rid of those INTs or Rice will make them count if they get them.

Bingo. The only reason I'm giving the Mean Green a winning prediction is because it's at Apogee.

I was trying to tell y'all all last week... USM is bad. Like, worse than Idaho bad.

You guys shouldn't take the huge boost of confidence from this game that you are. LA Tech and USM are 2 of the 4 worst teams we'll see this year. Rice is not the 4th (ahem: UTEP).

UNT - 24

Rice - 20

It's going to be a very close game. 1 turnover may be OK, but I don't think the Mean Green can overcome 2 (let alone 3).

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

As long as we continue our discovery of the forward pass on first downs and have the balance we had against USM, this game will not be close.

We win by 20.

This is not an over-reaction to the last 3 games, this is simple matchups.

Their strengths = our strengths, but we are stronger.

Looking forward to a great night and bowl eligibility.

UNT 30

Rice 10

FIRST RULE OF WAR.....NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR ENEMY. RICE IS TOUGH. IT WILL BE A DOGFIGHT. HOPE THE HOME FIELD HEX HOLDS FOR VISITING TEAMS.