I Need Your Help - Fox College Sports

UNT 90 Grad

So the North Texas - Southern Miss game is going to be on Fox College Sports. This is the same channel that the North Texas - Tulane game was on. I'm looking for a place in Collin County to host a watching party for the Southern Miss game, but want to make sure that the establishment actually gets that channel.

As some of us ran into for the Tulane game, DirecTV puts restrictions in place that prevent larger establishments from getting Fox College Sports. It's tricky to test without having them call DirecTV because the channel isn't always airing content. Did anyone happen to catch the Tulane game at a bar or restaurant in Collin County? If so, could you let me know where? I'm looking for ideas. Little help?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I know there are Fuzzy's out here in Weatherford and one in Denton. If you have a Fuzzy's in your area they have just about any cable sports station you want. They did out here for the North Texas/Tulane game and put our game on 3 screens.

GMG!

There is a Fuzzy's in Plano on US 75. Maybe I'll look into that. Thanks!
  • Upvote 1

I had the same thought, but I've got Time Warner Cable. My cable just isn't long enough.

(Insert "that's what she said" joke here.)

That makes DTV nice we carry one to the ranch during hunting and many carry them to tailgates

I know there are Fuzzy's out here in Weatherford and one in Denton. If you have a Fuzzy's in your area they have just about any cable sports station you want. They did out here for the North Texas/Tulane game and put our game on 3 screens.

GMG!

Fuzzy's RULES! Stinks that the closest one to myself is up in FoCo (Ft. Collins). But, I'd drive 75 miles to go to a Fuzzy's, than 5 miles to a Hooter's.

There is a Fuzzy's in Plano on US 75. Maybe I'll look into that. Thanks!

I went by the Fuzzy's in Plano. The have Dish Network. I googled around and found multiple references to Dish Network not carrying FCS. Fuzzy's didn't get any of the channels I found as possibly carrying FCS.

I guess I'll keep looking. Shouldn't be this difficult.

CBS Sports Network

DirectTV 221

Dish 158

Verizon FIOS 94

AT&T U-Verse 643/1643 (HD)

Holy crap...can you get this much info for the next game too? I'd love to know if we can get SMiss before Thursday of next week.

According to Wikipedia, Fox College Sports is on...

Satellite
DirecTV (U.S.) 617, 623, 626 (live games only)
Cable
Available on most U.S. cable systems Check local listings
Verizon FiOS 300 FCS Atlantic, 301 FCS Central, 302 FCS Pacific
AT&T Uverse 647 FCS Atlantic, 648 FCS Central, 649 FCS Pacific
Google Fiber FCS Atlantic, FCS Central, FCS Pacific
I also know it is available for purchase on Time Warner Cable on 180 FCS Atlantic, 181 FCS Central, 182 FCS Pacific
Edited by UNT 90 Grad

CBS Sports Network

DirectTV 221

Dish 158

Verizon FIOS 94

AT&T U-Verse 643/1643 (HD)

Holy crap...can you get this much info for the next game too? I'd love to know if we can get SMiss before Thursday of next week.

Hmm after re-reading I think you may have just been giving us the overall channels, not necessarily if UNT is televised on them for any given game in any given region, is that right? Ugh if so, back to square one on SMiss, though at least I know what channels to have them check...

Hmm after re-reading I think you may have just been giving us the overall channels, not necessarily if UNT is televised on them for any given game in any given region, is that right? Ugh if so, back to square one on SMiss, though at least I know what channels to have them check...

My post above on the Fox College Sports channels was regarding the Southern Miss game. It will be on FCS Central. The tricky thing is that these are not part of standard packages. The establishment has to be paying for the sports package that includes FCS. Also, for whatever crazy reason, DirecTV won't sell the package to places that seat > 100 people.