This MEAN GREEN can win CUSA

trussbussdad

Tulane is the biggie.

Then MTSU is the biggie.

Then La. Tech is the biggie.

One game at a time. Lost those 3 and Rice don't mean a damn thing.

I still don't know if we can do enough on offense to win this conference. The defense's secondary play scares the piss out if me.

We just got throttled by 24 while giving up well over 600 yards in total offense and we are proclaiming ourselves conference champions?

Hardly.

Beat Tulane. Then beat MTSU, then beat La. Tech, and then we have something to be excited about.

I guess I just prefer the half full vs. half empty philosophy. Not easy to do when you've been a Mean Greener for over a couple of decades, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

• Upvote 1

So the 98 yard pass wasn't assist the defense or the trick play, or the late run with time on the clock? Football is football, but anyone who watches Uga.consistently know that wasn't their best effort and the game shouldn't.have been that close. Tried to be respectful, but UNT is sorry, and we gave you 2 TD's. You really think ypu can go toe to toe with UGA on their best day vs yours? Hell no. Be lucky we didn't completely embarrass you and let you stick around that long. Good luck in the little league conference USA, we have bigger fish to fry, and.i want you kids to tune in when we face LSU, so we can show you how we play when its not a miserable wet game vs a lower tier FBS team. Bye "mean green" lol.

I will tune into that game....and watch LSU stomp your ass.

Tulane is the biggie.

Then MTSU is the biggie.

Then La. Tech is the biggie.

One game at a time. Lost those 3 and Rice don't mean a damn thing.

I still don't know if we can do enough on offense to win this conference. The defense's secondary play scares the piss out if me.

We just got throttled by 24 while giving up well over 600 yards in total offense and we are proclaiming ourselves conference champions?

Hardly.

Beat Tulane. Then beat MTSU, then beat La. Tech, and then we have something to be excited about.

Tulane??? Really? You meant Tulsa, right?

• Upvote 2

So the 98 yard pass wasn't assist the defense or the trick play, or the late run with time on the clock? Football is football, but anyone who watches Uga.consistently know that wasn't their best effort and the game shouldn't.have been that close. Tried to be respectful, but UNT is sorry, and we gave you 2 TD's. You really think ypu can go toe to toe with UGA on their best day vs yours? Hell no. Be lucky we didn't completely embarrass you and let you stick around that long. Good luck in the little league conference USA, we have bigger fish to fry, and.i want you kids to tune in when we face LSU, so we can show you how we play when its not a miserable wet game vs a lower tier FBS team. Bye "mean green" lol.

Scoreboard

Perhaps you are unaware of UNTs road record under Mac.

Perhaps you are unaware of UNT's recent history.

Or perhaps, just maybe, you and everyone else is a tad bit too giddy about a 24 point ass kicking.

Calm down, pal. Im basing opinions on current stats. Not histories. That would be dumb, being that they keep defying YOUR favored odds every week. Have you seen Tulane play? Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 4

If we play half as good as we did today, Tulane... NBD.

If we have 120 yards of total offense, give up over 1200 total offense. And score only one special teams TD, we may just lose by 100 against Tulane.

The hyperbole over a 24 point loss is truly amazing.

Hey everyone. Remember last year? You know, when we actually led K St. and only lost by 14?

Where did we finish again?

And that was the freaking Sun Belt.

This game was close for a while, but Georgia was NEVER in a position to lose this game.

It was basically what we expected it to be going in. An SEC ass kicking.

This game tells us nothing about this team.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

If we have 120 yards of total offense, give up over 1200 total offense. And score only one special teams TD, we may just lose by 100 against Tulane.

Hey everyone. Remember last year? You know, when we actually led K St. and only lost by 14?

This game was close for a while, but Georgia was NEVER in a position to lose this game.

It was basically what we expected it to be going in. An DEC ass lockjng.

Oh shut it... Tulane is no Georgia. To even lightly compare is retarded.

Do you get paid for being a pessimist?

• Upvote 4

You know, you were pretty OK until you started talking that SEC smack crap! Seems to me GA is lucky to get out out this as they did based on how the Puppy Dawgs played earlier in the season and early in this games. Speaks loads about the character of your team. Enjoy your lofty ranking as long as it lasts...you will be in a minor bowl this year based on your early results. You guys will get pounded in the SEC thus year. You just don't have the character to play when you get hit hard and early. Enjoy the win over that "little league" conference team who gave you more than you wanted and kept those "reserves" of yours off the field for the majority of the game. I'd say the season will, once again, see an underachieving GA squad. But, good luck...try to keep it classy the rest of the year.

Really funny that you blame the weather. Seems both teams were playing in that weather. Good teams do not use weather as an excuse for under performing. Says a lot about where you think your Dawgs are. LSU may well pound you senseless if you play like you did today. Make all the excuses you want if it makes you feel better. You will need to warm up the excuse machine for the rest of your season.

• Upvote 5

Ok ok ok, just be quiet because you're not just making yourself sound like a fool, but also giving a bad rep for Georgia fans. I am sure there are others like you but I am only interesting in what mature and reasonable fans have to say, not trolls like you.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps you are unaware of UNTs road record under Mac.

Perhaps you are unaware of UNT's recent history.

Or perhaps, just maybe, you and everyone else is a tad bit too giddy about a 24 point ass kicking.

That 24 point "ass kicking" wasn't as bad as the final score reflects, as you should know because you watched the game. This team is starting to garner higher expectations, whether you agree with it or not. Yes, we should except a win against Tulane because we are the better team. Will we? That's why they play the game, but we should most definitely.

• Upvote 1

It was basically what we expected it to be going in. An SEC ass kicking.

Another infomercial from WESUCK.COM (no surprise, you know it's coming)

• Upvote 3

That 24 point "ass kicking" wasn't as bad as the final score reflects, as you should know because you watched the game. This team is starting to garner higher expectations, whether you agree with it or not. Yes, we should except a win against Tulane because we are the better team. Will we? That's why they play the game, but we should most definitely.

Look at the stats and it was actually worse than the score.

But we sure do love a moral victory at UNT, don't we?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

DAWG....Being from Texas, I am used to hearing excuses like this from the Aggie fan base here in Texas. And I will ask you like I ask them...

How does that happen??? How does it happen that a 9th ranked team that is supposed to score 100 pts, have a Heisman hopeful, has the best coaches and players that money can buy along with a budget that at least triples UNT...how are you not ready to play EVERY WEEK..regardless of who you play?

Hats off to UGA...yall won and best wishes along the rest of the season. But, I dont think anyone there expected poor little UNT to come in and bust the Dawgs in the mouth and shut down SUPERMAN...is his name Gully, Gilly, Gilligan??? The running back that is supposed to be good enough to play in the pros right now?

Instead of making excuses why it was so close...I would be asking your coach why you played the way you did?

Good luck.

• Upvote 3

Another infomercial from WESUCK.COM (no surprise, you know it's coming)

Not a WE SUCK at all.

Just not a "we lost by 24, so we are winning conference!!!"

This team has 3 winnable games in a row coming up. That doesn't mean they will win then, or lose them.

One game at a time, people, and this game was never meaningful unless we kept in within one score or won.

Proclaiming greatness after losing by 24 is just silly.

Look at the stats and it was actually worse than the score.

But we sure do love a moral victory at UNT, don't we?

Yes, I am very aware of the stats. Thanks though. Regardless, we shot ourselves in the foot on offense and this game was a hard fought game for most of the game. I did not see an "ass kicking" but I saw a lot of missed opportunities on our end.

• Upvote 1

UNT90...yes we lost, but think about who we just played. A team comprised of the best coaches and players money can buy, a budget that triples ours...at least, a Heisman hopeful at QB and running backs that per Andre Ware announcing our game should be in the NFL.

I am concerend about a few things. Pass defense is first. Dropped passes. But, realistically, how many times do we play a GEORGIA?

Saw on here that we have to play one game at a time...I agree 110%...I was just stating that some things I saw gave me hope to have a very good showing in CUSA and that this team CAN win CUSA.

My perspective...MEAN GREEN took steps forward today...we certainly did not take steps back.

• Upvote 7