Game watching in Denton tomorrow

michagb

Hooter's is the Official watching party per meangreensports.com

East Side Social Club will indeed be showing it - they also have 89 drafts and over 60 whiskeys, bourbons and Scotch. They do not have food but allow you to bring in whatever you wish as far as food is concerned. Mellow Mushroom and Rusty Tacos will deliver to ESSC.

• Upvote 1

You'd never know there is a watch party at Hooters in Denton. I haven't seen any emails plus I don't recall it being mentioned on the Coach's Show on Monday. There's also nothing on the Mean Green Sports and Mean Green Football pages on Facebook.

• Upvote 2

Not the official, but I haven't heard of anyone claiming an official one either. I'm sure East Side Social Club will be showing it, but they don't turn on sound or offer food.

Ah no, Michelle! Come join us instead!

#tugofwar

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=569929323042322&set=a.478623488839573.95993.470164346352154&type=1&theater

• Upvote 2

You'd never know there is a watch party at Hooters in Denton. I haven't seen any emails plus I don't recall it being mentioned on the Coach's Show on Monday. There's also nothing on the Mean Green Sports and Mean Green Football pages on Facebook.

It was in this week's Mean Green Club newsletter and on meangreensports.com on the Game Day page.
  • Upvote 2

It was in this week's Mean Green Club newsletter and on meangreensports.com on the Game Day page.

Indeed it was. Have no clue why some think it is some sort of secret. Wherever folks want to watch the game together I would say that it's a good thing. The fact that so many different venues will be showing the game is also positive...in my way of thinking anyway.

Beat the Dawgs!

• Upvote 2

I don't know what the distribution is for the Mean Green Club newsletter but I hope it goes out to more than just the MGC members. An email blast should have gone out Friday afternoon providing all of the known watch party locations so that people could start making their plans.

Facebook (and Twitter) is a good method of conveying your message. FB is actually the one thing I check daily. The MeanGreenSports.com website? I might check it once a week. The North Texas Alumni Assoc. posted three different watch party locations (Allen, San Antonio, and Arizona).

The watching party should be one of the first things you see in conjunction with the actual game on the index page of the site and not have it buried on Game Day page.

Edited by UNTFan23

Facebook (and Twitter) is a good method of conveying your message. FB is actually the one thing I check daily. The MeanGreenSports.com website? I might check it once a week. The North Texas Alumni Assoc. posted three different watch party locations (Allen, San Antonio, and Arizona).

Would that be the dysfunctional UNT Alumni Assoc., as MoGreen referred to it in a different thread, getting the word out to folks? Ha! Couldn't resist. Too easy.