RV is brilliant

emmitt01

And btw....It's quite possible that UTSA has one of the better offensive game plans in the conference. That should scare the hell out of some of you.

Rick

Agreed...I watched UTSA play. They shouldn't be taken for granted. They could bring a lot of fans down here and embarrass us if we're not on top of things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DT did not get sucked breathless and get burned on the first damn play of the game by Ohio. Everyone knew they would try the same long pass play to start the game as Idaho did (and burned us). Take that play away and we win..

• Upvote 1

Talk about brilliant, it would be hard to match some of our fans insight. Yes, Thompson lost the game because of two interceptions; one that was a ricochet off the receiver on a desperation throw. He did't have a great game, but the problem was an almost non exiting running game that averaged less than 3 yards a carry. The offensive line did pass block well, but was pretty well manhandled on most running plays.

Overall, it was not a bad game and NT could have easily won if not for two very bad plays, the opening pass and the first Thompson interception. Ohio was too good to spot our normal opening drive td.

The team did well tying the game but couldn't make the defensive plays like last year when it mattered at the end of a game.

My biggest criticism is I will never understand why Mac went for the fg on a fourth and one and behind two tds. I would not have understood that even if NT had a fg game, which they obviously don't.

• Upvote 1

UNT is better than they were last year. It is great to see a core of real receivers on the field. There was a lot of good to be seen tonight but there was plenty of bad as well. Most of the bad stuff was the same old crap we have been dealing with for the last few years. I had fun watching a close game, and I wish we could have game planned better and pulled out a win... Now on to Ball State!

• Upvote 1

Are you equally impressed with 8 straight losing seasons?

Does the inability to find a decent starter since Scott Hall left impress you as well?

How impressed are you with pissing away any/all momentum by week two every season?

Just wondering. Because I'm impressed with your ability to only show up at random to be a jackass.

As opposed to you showing up every day?

• Upvote 1

You know what, I'm convinced now that we have the talent to win a lot of games this year including a dominating O line that did a hell of a job tonight blowing open holes all night. I've seen enough of the games to tell our schedule isn't what we thought it was going to be. It's up to the guys that make the big money to put it all together. So I'll lay the blame for this loss at their feet and not at any individual player, and move on.

Rick

Could not agree more.

I expected a loss and a close game. Exactly what we got tonight. The record may not show it, but Mac has this team going in the right direction. The talent level is there, the foundation is there.

Some key mistakes killed NT in the end. I swear Ohio's 1st TD was the exact same play Idaho ran last week. DT's pick 6. If Balls St walks away with a W next week, DDub or BB need to be inserted as a starter with this team never looking back.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

I expected a loss and a close game. Exactly what we got tonight. The record may not show it, but Mac has this team going in the right direction. The talent level is there, the foundation is there.

Some key mistakes killed NT in the end. I swear Ohio's 1st TD was the exact same play Idaho ran last week. DT's pick 6. If Balls St walks away with a W next week, DDub or BB need to be inserted as a starter with this team never looking back.

DT's pick six ended up being the difference n the game. So your point has validity to me...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but DT did not get sucked breathless and get burned on the first damn play of the game by Ohio. Everyone knew they would try the same long pass play to start the game as Idaho did (and burned us). Take that play away and we win..

I agree. Blame goes everywhere tonight, but I put this loss on the coaches more than anyone.