Change to Apogee Student Seating

7travis5

When visiting teams bring lots of fans, this is where the overflow will end up. If you look at the 2011 Houston game, the other sections filled with UH fans were in the corner where the young alumni section was at the time.

This sucks.

I've heard through the grapevine that it's a non-issue. Maybe it'll become a problem if we sell out every game, but that's unlikely. There's no way UNT will let visiting fans sit behind their teams.

As in Young Alumni section just something to appease CUSA. They won't enforce it because it's GA (essentially, they're making this kind of a second version of the student section.)

I have heard this from some usually reliable sources. We'll see tonight and then on Saturday.

I'm going to be sitting at my usual spot on Saturday.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

I tried to find out how a new alumni could come across these tickets on the box office website, but I couldn't find anything. This leads me to believe that it is what you guys are saying it is, just a way to appease the suits of C-USA. I was at the Spirit Night tonight, and the seating change wasn't mentioned. Also, Mac implied that the student seating was to remain the same by addressing how the home field advantage and the students heckling were linked together. I'm thinking the students are just going to have to wait and see come Saturday evening.

• Upvote 4

I tried to find out how a new alumni could come across these tickets on the box office website, but I couldn't find anything. This leads me to believe that it is what you guys are saying it is, just a way to appease the suits of C-USA. I was at the Spirit Night tonight, and the seating change wasn't mentioned. Also, Mac implied that the student seating was to remain the same by addressing how the home field advantage and the students heckling were linked together. I'm thinking the students are just going to have to wait and see come Saturday evening.

They're gonna have to tell the NT40, Talons and the entire student section to move. You can't buy these seats, they had students sitting here for orientation and at this pride night. Will stay the same.

• Upvote 2

Well I hope they don't tell the yellow Nazis because they sure like to enforce policy. They tried to kick me out of the wheelchair seats for having the audacity to stand up during a big play. I didn't move BTW. However, next game after I emailed Rick and others they probably would've bought me food if I asked.

Also, I've never seen anyone even ask for a ticket in the Super Pit so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't enforced there. Hell random people coming to the game would sit in the student section all the time.

• Upvote 1

Well I hope they don't tell the yellow Nazis because they sure like to enforce policy. They tried to kick me out of the wheelchair seats for having the audacity to stand up during a big play. I didn't move BTW. However, next game after I emailed Rick and others they probably would've bought me food if I asked.

Also, I've never seen anyone even ask for a ticket in the Super Pit so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't enforced there. Hell random people coming to the game would sit in the student section all the time.

If the Yellow Nazis start trying to move people, someone throw a tortilla. They will all divert their attention. Like my dog and his chew toy.

• Upvote 1

Don't worry folks. It's a non-enforceable rule. What are they going to do. Ask "young alumni" to produce their UNT degree at the game? How do you actually determine who is a "young alumni" and not a student. I think this is just a slick and creative way to meet the CUSA rule but still allow our students to do what they want.

Agree....they'd be totally unable and probably almost impossible to monitor this. Do we need to get a crowd noise soundproof dugout for the visiting teams next?

What would be next? They'd start separating the RINO's from the truly conservatives or the far left Dems from the moderates, too?

Then how about those with white undies to those with colored ones? Briefs versus boxers? I think I'm going to bed!

• Upvote 2

If i remember right, NT was in a conference a while back that didn't allow students to sit behind the visitors bench back when we were playing at Fouts. Instead of moving all the students, the moved the teams. The visitors were on the West side and our team was on the East. It was really annoying as I remember it. But I could be remembering completely wrong.

You aren't wrong....during my band days, 95-97, home team was on the student side....not sure which years, but I remember standing behind Oregon state players before halftime started and I was on the alumni side...

Im in sec 120 row 20 seat 1, that seems pretty high for the recent grad tickets... Anywas, if its assigned seating shouldnt I get to choose my seat instead of a pot luck??

Wait, so you have a seat in this section?

Great.

Just so you know, they're pretty terrible until the sun goes down. Then they rock.

Anyway, that about seals in it regards to the student section change being just for the suits.

Also, that's not my camera. Those stickers are actually lime green!

Edited by meangreener

Dr Seuss are you now alumni?

Yeah, I finally graduated after 6 years

One other quick note, I bought my season tickets 3 weeks ago and one of my buddys bought his last week and we are sitting right next to each other.. I dont think thats random, they just are not selling

Edited by Dr. Seuss

Wait, so you have a seat in this section?

Great.

Just so you know, they're pretty terrible until the sun goes down. Then they rock.

Anyway, that about seals in it regards to the student section change being just for the suits.

Also, that's not my camera. Those stickers are actually lime green!

I understand how hot it is on the student side, I sat in the first couple rows.. But I have my whiskey in my pocket to cool me down

42kj8.jpg

So, the student section change is official but we shall see what happens at the Idaho game.

In other news, I'll take as much flying worm gear as possible.

This post has been promoted to an article

Im trying to figure out the position of your hand in the picture. Are the tickets and stickers stuck to the back of your hand? Is that your index and middle finger? Is it your index and ring finger with the middle finger behind the ticket and stickers, hidden from view? It just looks strange.
  • Upvote 3

Im trying to figure out the position of your hand in the picture. Are the tickets and stickers stuck to the back of your hand? Is that your index and middle finger? Is it your index and ring finger with the middle finger behind the ticket and stickers, hidden from view? It just looks strange.

I'm betting that it is the pointing finger and ring finger, with the middle finger behind the tickets and stickers in a scissor maneuver.

Yeah, I finally graduated after 6 years

One other quick note, I bought my season tickets 3 weeks ago and one of my buddys bought his last week and we are sitting right next to each other.. I dont think thats random, they just are not selling

Current recent alums got to watch dodge ball, of course they're not selling.

• Upvote 2