Idaho Coach won't name QB starter till game day

Harry

Petrino seems to like what the RFr does with what he calls, "the read option" out of the shotgun. Chalich was State player of the year two years in a row (2010-11). Idaho is not a populated state, but his high school (Coeur d' Alene) is the largest classification and they are aggressive in out of state games with California and Washington big name programs. Chalich attended BSU camps and did not get an offer, other than what would be called a Coach Petersen "invite to walk on". FCS Montana was after him, but I can't recall any other FBS programs. He is fun to watch. Moves well. Sees the field well. Can take a hit. 23-1 in starts in high school. The JC guy is a pure scrambler and came in this summer. He may just be behind in the offense "know how" at this point. The senior, has a bigger frame 6-2 or 3 (Chalich 6-0), has FBS game experience --- but may be slower on reads and field vision. The true frosh kid out of Michigan is son of NFL Coach Scott Linehan (a former Vandal QB great). I have heard good things about the son, Matt. But I believe he is heading to a redshirt.

What do the Potatoes think they're doing? You can't psyche us out! It doesn't matter WHO you name QB1!

What year is the Berglund kid? I have read about Thompson and Williams, but Berglund? Are there more QBs in your nest besides these three? Potato psych out is quite effective. I has begun and will surface soon. LOL. Have a great weekend.

• Upvote 1

What do the Potatoes think they're doing? You can't psyche us out! It doesn't matter WHO you name QB1!

Hey, we have a son of a potato farmer president; he knows potatoes. Every time I attend any family stuff in Idaho, there's always potato farmers or their kids in attendance. Part of having married a Mormon, I guess.

• Upvote 1