Idaho Vandal Fans Talk North Texas Game

Harry

Regarding wins, anyone who expected or thought this team was good for more than 2-3 was delusion from the start. The realistic winnable games were always later in the year. To think the team would travel to Texas and win or to Laramie and win is/was wishful thinking at best. The tough thing here for me is that this looks like the same team as the last three years. Bad penalties, no offense, poor OLine, a defense that can't get off the field on 3rd down, turnovers, coaching decisions that put the team in tough spots, simply put a bad football team. We can't expect miracles but with all summer to get ready I expected a better performance. Just not competitive.

read more: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=205&f=2664&t=11834305

He's good but he won't last if he doesn't learn to slide and avoid the hits.

Rick

Someone said on the Idaho board said Petrino told him not to slide. I don't know if its true, but if it is, that's pretty stupid.

That kid is really goood. but between not sliding and that O-Line in general the odds of going 4 years without a major injury are very slim

You guys are so good at finding memes...is there one with a penguin or Helena Bonham Carter that you could use here?

Was it just me or did Idaho look bigger than us last night ?! Especially when it was their O vs our D

I don't think Idaho is that terrible. I can see them winning a couple of games this year

I thought the exact same thing when we took the field for the opening kickoff. I honestly I think it might have been our dark jerseys made us look smaller, and their white jerseys made them look bigger.

Reading through that thread on the Vandals board reminded me of the helplessness of the past Dodge era and the current Benford era. Really feel for the Vandal fans. They got a tough road to hoe with Wash. St. Next week.

As far as our secondary is concerned, we will find out in 6 days.

I thought that Idaho QB made things pretty easy on us and our secondary by repeatedly giving up on the pocket and choosing 4-7 yard runs. Our secondary is still garbage.

The Idaho qb had a very good play action fake. That was his best attribute. Once we got the 2 score lead and there were no reason to bite on it, it was over. He wasnt going to throw anywhere a safety was roaming. We were willing to give up those runs.

Our corners still had trouble when they were

singled out in one on one coverage. Jackson is probably a safety that is forced to play corner. The quickness and the speed is not there. I noticed buyers and James Jones played a lot. Maybe just as much as the 1s and there was no drop off. I actually liked them out there better.

Im sure our secondary will be tested a lot more this week.

If I'm an opposing coach, I still do nothing but thirty yard passes. I saw nothing that says our secondary can stop such an attack.

I agree. If we can't stop the long ball then Aaron Murray and the Bulldogs will do what is expected, and not the almost upset that was K-State last year that I'm pulling for.

Two big things from last night that Idaho can take away with them:

1.) QB McCain is dangerous. He looks quick on his feet and confident in the pocket. He's a good change of pace from Chalich (sp?), who is pretty solid. Those two can probably provide some dangerous options under center.

2.) The biggest thing to take away for Idaho is pre-game prep. The thing I saw very, very early on was Idaho players getting tired, and a lot of it was from the heat. Simply put, the Idaho players weren't ready for the heat. They didn't seem like they were hydrated enough before the game, they weren't really taking care of themselves during, and even seemingly small things like taking off helmets probably cost the team dearly. You could really see it in the decisionmaking of the players - it was't as quick and it wasn't as good as it was earlier on in the game. I'm betting more than a few of the Vandals needed IVs after the game.

• Upvote 1

Idaho will have a good football program in a year or 2. Their HFC sounds like a winner and a real disciplinarian. Heck, he had his team running short wind sprints right before the 2'nd half kick-off. Their QB was very impressive for a freshmen. The Vandals have something to look forward to for sure.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

The Idaho qb had a very good play action fake. That was his best attribute. Once we got the 2 score lead and there were no reason to bite on it, it was over. He wasnt going to throw anywhere a safety was roaming. We were willing to give up those runs.

Our corners still had trouble when they were

singled out in one on one coverage. Jackson is probably a safety that is forced to play corner. The quickness and the speed is not there. I noticed buyers and James Jones played a lot. Maybe just as much as the 1s and there was no drop off. I actually liked them out there better.

Im sure our secondary will be tested a lot more this week.

I saw separation down field from our secondary all night long, over the intermediate middle and along the sidelines. Luckily by the time I looked back at the pocket their QB was usually beginning another 4-7 yard run. Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1