Mark Cuban = UNT Dallas Connection?

Harry

"Mark Cuban, an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist, owns the NBAs Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, Magnolia Pictures and is chairman of the cable network AXS TV. He is a "shark" investor on the television series Shark Tank. Mark sits on the UNT Dallas Commission on Building the University of the 21st Century."

"Mark Cuban, an American businessman, investor, and philanthropist, owns the NBAs Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, Magnolia Pictures and is chairman of the cable network AXS TV. He is a "shark" investor on the television series Shark Tank. Mark sits on the UNT Dallas Commission on Building the University of the 21st Century."

Now this is some real positive stuff with that, Harry,and thanks for posting it, but we have some on this forum who will find something negative to say about even that. Stay tuned...it will happen.

GMG!

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain how the different campuses are related?

Isn't UNT-Dallas considered a completely different school than UNT Denton just like UTEP is a completely different school than UT-Austin? They're seperate entities but just share the same systems. Is that correct?

If so...his work won't do much of anything for the Denton campus. Will it?

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain how the different campuses are related?

Isn't UNT-Dallas considered a completely different school than UNT Denton just like UTEP is a completely different school than UT-Austin? They're seperate entities but just share the same systems. Is that correct?

If so...his work won't do much of anything for the Denton campus. Will it?

Completely separate. Personally though, I think due to the size and vicinity of the campus as well as the connection to new university styles/the law school, etc will have a huge impact on is. And to raise our perception, as well. If UNTD becomes a great, small, unique school...it'll only help is overall.

Completely separate. Personally though, I think due to the size and vicinity of the campus as well as the connection to new university styles/the law school, etc will have a huge impact on is. And to raise our perception, as well. If UNTD becomes a great, small, unique school...it'll only help is overall.

I hear ya and can understand how some of that reputation could transfer over.

I just wish the law school was created on the Denton campus and guys like Cuban were helping improve flagship campus. After all, it'd be nice if Mark Cuban started helping out the athletic department the way Phil Knight does with Oregon :-)

• Upvote 2

He might get excited about the UNT-Dallas Panthers, or whatever the hell they call themselves. Go Blue and Gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If its a panther, don't anther". Ogden Nash

• Upvote 2

I guess it isn't all that surprising given his other property interests in southern Dallas: http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Cuban-southern-Dallas-announced-with-great-promise-is-stalled-140951483.html

jredallas, are the John J. Moores family still involved with UH athletics?

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/30/education/wealthy-couple-repays-alma-mater-51.4-million-to-university-of-houston.html

And didn't I meet you at a UNT football game at Fouts Field years ago?

• Upvote 1

jredallas, are the John J. Moores family still involved with UH athletics?

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/10/30/education/wealthy-couple-repays-alma-mater-51.4-million-to-university-of-houston.html

And didn't I meet you at a UNT football game at Fouts Field years ago?

I have no idea. I guess you are thinking of someone else. I went to games while a student (1993-97) and have had season tickets since 2007. Other than another game or two here and there in between there, that has been the extent of my attendance at UNT football games.

• Upvote 1

I have no idea. I guess you are thinking of someone else. I went to games while a student (1993-97) and have had season tickets since 2007. Other than another game or two here and there in between there, that has been the extent of my attendance at UNT football games.

If you do not have 1 of your degrees from UH then I am thinking of someone else. Sorry 'bout that.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

I hear ya and can understand how some of that reputation could transfer over.

I just wish the law school was created on the Denton campus and guys like Cuban were helping improve flagship campus. After all, it'd be nice if Mark Cuban started helping out the athletic department the way Phil Knight does with Oregon :-)

Except Knight actually went to Oregon.

Cuban went to....... Indiana.

Edited by Christopher Walker

• 3 weeks later...

Except Knight actually went to Oregon.

Cuban went to....... Indiana.

This is just another example of Dallas beginning to realize the potential of a public university. Too bad that in one hundred years the citizens of little"d" never have realized that their universities give them viability. Best example is Collins Stadium on Loop 288. This would never had been built if there was the co partnering that most real college towns have with their universities.

What's good for UNT-Dallas is definitely good for UNT-Denton in the bigger picture of things. Although they are considered a seperate school, they definitely spawned from us. Registration for classes at UNT-Dallas came through UNT-Denton in the early phases. When they were getting ready to go independent, their Registrar, Asst. Registrar, and Registrar staff came to UNT for training on how to handle things by themselves. I worked in our Registrar's Office from '07 to '11 and personally trained a few of their staff members. They came up on a weekly rotating basis. They leaned on us until they were able to walk on their own. We are considered the mothership, so to speak, and we have a good relationship with them. I've been down to the UNT-Dallas campus; it's small but it's nice.

• Upvote 1