A little tip for those of you near Denton

Harry

As you may know, the UNT Student bookstore is being taken over by Barnes and Noble in July -- this will also factor in for the UNT gear store located in Apogee stadium.

As such, the UNT Student Bookstore in the student union on campus is giving some BIG discounts... like 75%.

This has been going on for at least a week or so, so buyer beware - it could be pretty picked over by now...

But if you are in the area and have a little time it might be worthwhile to pay them a visit. I am not sure of their hours etc...so check ahead if you can.

GMG!

If you want the crappy quality TM or Lance Dunbar Jerseys.... THEY HAVE A BOAT LOAD OF THEM FOR YOU!!!!

I got a really nice Ping UNT golf shirt last Saturday when it was only 50% off, but It was the only thing that really caught my eye.

• Upvote 1

So Voertman's, going, going gone. UNT Bookstore about to become a member of those stalwarts of business, Barnes & Noble. Great things are afoot in Denton!

Hey, maybe the corporate folks can figure out that they need to have a jersey available for the university's best basketball player before the last 10 or 12 games of said player's career.

Just sayin..,

• Upvote 3

Hey, maybe the corporate folks can figure out that they need to have a jersey available for the university's best basketball player before the last 10 or 12 games of said player's career.

Just sayin..,

Or that a cheap-ass tank top with piping around the sleeves and neck does not a jersey make.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1

I hope Voertman's keeps the name at least. It has been a Denton and UNT icon for almost a century and Paul Voertman has been a benefactor to the University. Does anyone remember Pender's drugstore on campus that sold music supplies and old fashion fountain drinks?

Sometimes I agree with Kurt Vonnegut's assessment that all change is bad (I think he said that).

I hope Voertman's keeps the name at least. It has been a Denton and UNT icon for almost a century and Paul Voertman has been a benefactor to the University. Does anyone remember Pender's drugstore on campus that sold music supplies and old fashion fountain drinks?

Sometimes I agree with Kurt Vonnegut's assessment that all change is bad (I think he said that).

Perhaps it wasn't Vonnegut. At least I can't find it anywhere.

Yes, this August. Halfway through August. They started it in May.

It's a temporary building, kind of, while they build the new one as part of the Union. But the building will remain as a UNT fan store.

The manager at the bookstore confused me. Thought McConnell was keeping it.

Edited by meangreener

Yes, this August. Halfway through August. They started it in May.

It's a temporary building, kind of, while they build the new one as part of the Union. But the building will remain as a UNT fan store.

The manager at the bookstore confused me. Thought McConnell was keeping it.

That explains it. Thanks.

All of us don't live in Denton and dobt get to see changes on campus that often.

Edited by UNT90