The Benghazi Scandal Hearings

Five Key Points From Today's Benghazi Hearing

1. Two "stand-down" orders were given while the Benghazi attacks were in progress.

2. The "protest" about a YouTube video was a complete fabrication by the Obama administration.

3. Cheryl Mills, Clinton's lawyer at the State Department, told witnesses not to speak to House investigators.

4. The diplomatic personnel on the ground acted with incredible, unheralded heroism.

5. Democrats came to rebut the eyewitnesses with talking points.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/05/08/Five-Key-Points-from-Today-s-Benghazi-Hearing-So-Far

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Aw yes, because Breitbart's spin on current political events can always be completely trusted.

What spin? All of this tesitmony was given today during a House Oversight Committee hearing on the Benghazi scandal. This thing should be several times bigger than Water Gate but Im sure will get swept under the rug to protect this president and his administration for doing nothing to help our people over there that night, and for making up and spreading that bullshit lie about some YouTube video.

As Jay Carney, the Whitehouse spokes idiot said last week..."Benghazi Was A Long Time Ago...".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It's a shame when a tragedy is used for political purposes.

It's more of a shame when a tragedy/terrorist attack is lied about for political purposes.

Pres. Obama lied and diplomats died?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

This should be bigger than Watergate. I mean, people actuially died, after all.

But it won't be, because Pres. Obama is a liberal democrat, and the media will do everything possible to protect someone who thinks as they think.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

..."Benghazi whistleblower Gregory Hicks said that the he was "stunned," his "jaw dropped," and "embarrassed" when Susan Rice blamed the terror attack on an Internet video..."

http://m.weeklystandard.com/blogs/whistleblower-jaw-dropped-when-susan-rice-blamed-attack-video_721912.html

Rick

I was embarrassed for the United States when they blamed it on the video. Mortar attacks, RPG fire, small arms fire, dead & wounded Americans and Obama basically says my dog ate my homework. Obama made a bigger deal about 1 kid in Chicago getting offed after his election than he did about a coordinated terrorist attack on a US Consulate which resulted in the deaths of diplomats. But hey, it was an election year and he couldn't possibly protect American interests abroad when he had an election to win.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

How so?

Katrina, 9/11, sandy hook, etc...

Rahm Emanuel said "never let a crisis go to waste". This administration has attempted to use tragedy for political gain, now that they are on the other side of it I think it unfair to criticize someone for useing the same tactic against them.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

This entire administration is a pathetic embarrassment. Do you think any military personnel feels Obama has their back? Hell no. His only concern is insuring "social justice" by fundamentally changing America. He does not care about America, only his agenda.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This entire administration is a pathetic embarrassment. Do you think any military personnel feels Obama has their back? Hell no. His only concern is insuring "social justice" by fundamentally changing America. He does not care about America, only his agenda.

I think he absolutely cares about America, and is doing what he thinks is best for America.

I also think that what Pres. Obama feels is best for America will severely damage this county and our relations with other countries.

Just because the Dems attacked Bush personally doesn't mean republicans or conservatives should do the sane to Pres. Obama.

• Upvote 4

What spin? All of this tesitmony was given today during a House Oversight Committee hearing on the Benghazi scandal. This thing should be several times bigger than Water Gate but Im sure will get swept under the rug to protect this president and his administration for doing nothing to help our people over there that night, and for making up and spreading that bullshit lie about some YouTube video.

As Jay Carney, the Whitehouse spokes idiot said last week..."Benghazi Was A Long Time Ago...".

Rick

Come on Christopher. Where is the spin in this?

Regarding the Jay Carney quote, I would reply that the Bush administration has been out of office for a long time, farther back than the Benghazi massacre, yet your administration keeps placing the blame at their feet.

What is even more sickening is this:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/05/08/hillary-clinton-accepts-public-service-award-in-beverly-hills/

on the same day as the hearings. Wow.

I think he absolutely cares about America, and is doing what he thinks is best for America.

I also think that what Pres. Obama feels is best for America will severely damage this county and our relations with other countries.

Just because the Dems attacked Bush personally doesn't mean republicans or conservatives should do the sane to Pres. Obama.

The first 2 sentences are a remarkably reasonable response.

The last sentence is unfortunately a commentary simply on what the theater of politics of this country has become.

• Upvote 7

In 2012 REPUBLICAN lawmakers gave the State Dept. $331 Million less than it requested for Embassy Security,
Regardless of how bad you want this to be Obama's fault.
It's not. Facts don't lie.
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

The first 2 sentences are a remarkably reasonable response.

The last sentence is unfortunately a commentary simply on what the theater of politics of this country has become.

So it's not ok to disagree with your beliefs, right?

• Upvote 1

In 2012 REPUBLICAN lawmakers gave the State Dept. $331 Million less than it requested for Embassy Security,

Regardless of how bad you want this to be Obama's fault.

It's not. Facts don't lie.

The President lied to the American people to get re-elected.

And, since he thinks the way you do, that is perfectly ok with you.

What does embassy budget have to do with calling in an airless strike that could have saved lives? Not a damn thing.

It is amazing to me the lengths liberals will go to in order to justify the President's actions on this subject.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The President lied to the American people to get re-elected.

And, since he thinks the way you do, that is perfectly ok with you.

What does embassy budget have to do with calling in an airless strike that could have saved lives? Not a damn thing.

It is amazing to me the lengths liberals will go to in order to justify the President's actions on this subject.

I heard that when Petreus testified the real truth would come out.

I heard that when Clinton testified the real truth would come out.

There have now been nine Congressional hearings...none of which have produced even an iota of evidence of cover-up or the ridiculous notion that the President of the United States of America allowed Americans to die for political gain...so once these hearings produce much the same, we're probably in store for at least another half-dozen until someone says something that can even remotely be woven into and support the pre-conceived narrative created by people far less concerned with understanding the events of Benghazi and learning from them than villainizing an administration they abhor.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2