Writer calls them America's Worst University..

Sounds like a nut farm.... would not classify them as left or right or anything... just nuts.

With all the crazy events in Florida happening in recent years.. they are catching up with Calf. in the race to be the nuttiest.

They were even going to name their stadium after a prison group.... no wonder the students protested that one.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I think the statements made by the "authorities" in that article have enough mud for everyone. Going so far as to say students shouldn't send letters to a trustee - by a former Congressman, no less - is a blatant attempt to violate the 1st Amendment right to petition for a redress of grievances. As FAU is a state school and trustees are therefore an extension of the state government, it would be fitting if she were to find a means by which to moderate the circumstances. Blocking exits and trespassing could certainly be time/place/manner violations not afforded by Free Speech, and should be handled accordingly. But for a state official and her ex-Congressman husband to attempt to stop the students from any speech or petitioning activities altogether could put FAU in even more hot water than they've already poured on themselves.

I wonder what they would have done if a Mexican drug cartel had offered more money for naming rights of the stadium.?? .... total morons..

Hope that idiot prof isn't teaching history/government.. likely would claim the WWII concentration camps was a hoax... .. Should be fired..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I wonder what they would have done if a Mexican drug cartel had offered more money for naming rights of the stadium.?? .... total morons..

Hope that idiot prof isn't teaching history/government.. likely would claim the WWII concentration camps was a hoax... .. Should be fired..

I doubt anyone would let a university take money from a group associated with illegal activities such as the drug trade.

I can think of worse companies than a prison company to receive money from for naming rights for a facility. One I have in mind that always is a hot button issue in the US. I'll let people throw out guesses. ;)

I doubt anyone would let a university take money from a group associated with illegal activities such as the drug trade.

I can think of worse companies than a prison company to receive money from for naming rights for a facility. One I have in mind that always is a hot button issue in the US. I'll let people throw out guesses. ;)

Yeah, the key is that a U.S. company that may have negative connotations to some is a totally different "animal" than an illegal entity from another country. The fact is that the actions listed in that article ranged from "poor judgment" to "offensive" to "possible civil liberties violations".

As to which companies would catch more flak, I'd guess either Planned Parenthood or one of the oil, stock trading, or banking companies/groups. But the latter, though hot buttons, are already involved in stadiums so I'd guess PP if I had to pick one you were thinking of.

Edited by JesseMartin

National Rifle Assocuation Stadium has a nice ring to it.., Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

National Rifle Association Stadium has a nice ring to it..,

Haha that would actually be pretty cool and intimidating...but don't they use all of their money for PR and lobbying? I wouldn't expect them to have enough for a stadium. That's why I was thinking PP. Even with the controversy involved, are they considered a non-profit, or are they a company? Maybe they only popped into my head because it would be darkly humorous to have a stadium sponsored by them. You could go either way about what kind of message they could be accused of sending, whether intended or not.

You're close on the hot button issue I was thinking of. Clue: think of a kind of cream cheese.

Soft? Whipped? Philadelphia? Garden vegetable? Salmon? Chive and onion? Strawberry?

AIDS?

Oh yeah, that must be the one. It's best with Everything Bagels.

AIDS?

Leave it to you to take that in a totally different direction.

Think of a city whose team also has a mascot of an Eagle, then tie that in with a huge trial going on in that city. That is the sponsorship I was thinking was worse than a company running prisons.

Think of a city whose team also has a mascot of an Eagle, then tie that in with a huge trial going on in that city. That is the sponsorship I was thinking was worse than a company running prisons.

Denton?

• Upvote 2

Casey Anthony?

We are really gonna need more hints.

Edited by UNT90

Planned Parenthood was a popular place at UNT. Their office/clinic was in one of those old houses on either Locust or Elm. How many of you took your girlfriend there? Free BC pills. I like to go because there were a lot of hot girls there. Yeah, Planned Parenthood Stadium. Free BC pills at the concession stands. The motto could be "Because we give a f---".

"You say I am in bad taste, I say up yours" --- Mel Brooks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4