Tulsa Out, WKU In ?

MeanGreen61

Knowing our admin, the ONLY way we would come back to CUSA at this point is IF you gave us a Boise State type of deal (which is why we turned down the MWC because we demanded a Boise deal as well). In the A12, we're in Tier A with Cincy, UCONN and Temple which is evident that we are entitled to a deal.

Tier A?

• Upvote 1

Stop worrying about conference name.... just kick rear ala FGCU..... We did about a decade ago ... but not against non-conf name opponents... That was the problem.... We need to do that ..... We are a large university and in a huge market. ...Just win and especially against several big guys..... We would get noticed and then things will happen....

• Upvote 1

Stop worrying about conference name.... just kick rear ala FGCU..... We did about a decade ago ... but not against non-conf name opponents... That was the problem.... We need to do that ..... We are a large university and in a huge market. ...Just win and especially against several big guys..... We would get noticed and then things will happen....

A few years ago, I was talking to my son (a UNT grad) about North Texas football. I mentioned my disappointment about attendance, especially in light of our recent success of four conference championships and four bowl trips. He just smiled and asked what I call the "hillabeans" question. He said "yeah, but who besides Cincy, did North Texas beat during that four year run?

• Upvote 1

A few years ago, I was talking to my son (a UNT grad) about North Texas football. I mentioned my disappointment about attendance, especially in light of our recent success of four conference championships and four bowl trips. He just smiled and asked what I call the "hillabeans" question. He said "yeah, but who besides Cincy, did North Texas beat during that four year run?

And don't forget Ciny was not interested in football at the time. Their basketball game the same night as the bowl was better attended!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And don't forget Ciny was not interested in football at the time. Their basketball game the same night as the bowl was better attended!

To be fair, if i recall, it was a top 20 showdown. A game between two top ranked basketball programs is a bigger deal than a lesser bowl game.

• Upvote 1

The boat didn't know South Florida existed, yet they managed to get a cabin suite. The boat is all the way out to sea, yet UTSA is swimming toward it as fast as they can, having already caught us in year 3 of their football existence.

We don't have a T. Boone Pickens or numerous donors to make up one because we don't have the leadership to develop them.

When you don't care about yourself, it's really hard for anyone else to give a crap about you. UNT has still not learned this lesson.

They kind of did care about South Florida. They were always a basketball member of CUSA and the Metro Conference with Louisville, Memphis, Cincy, and others. They were going to have their members' support, just as UConn got from their Big East brethren. USF, just as they got going, they started off as a winner in CUSA. The Big East wanted to keep a TV presence in Florida after Miami left, so they picked up a winning program that all of their fellow transplant to the Big East from CUSA fully supported. In other words, they all knew USF existed. USF didn't have any schools in its market to fight against, unlike a certain school just north of two SWC schools.

If UTSA can duplicate this same kind of success, you bet your ass that they will have many suitors coming around, for the TV market, bowl game possible connection, and the destination trip for their other conference mates. They may not be able to do it, but they have a lot of advantages to build off of then a lot of schools. They have no history of losing to keep apathetic alumni or local fans from getting interested, like another school we know. They have a media market that wants to cover them as the home town team. UTSA could easily be the next USF if they get things going in CUSA.

• Upvote 1

They kind of did care about South Florida. They were always a basketball member of CUSA and the Metro Conference with Louisville, Memphis, Cincy, and others. They were going to have their members' support, just as UConn got from their Big East brethren. USF, just as they got going, they started off as a winner in CUSA. The Big East wanted to keep a TV presence in Florida after Miami left, so they picked up a winning program that all of their fellow transplant to the Big East from CUSA fully supported. In other words, they all knew USF existed. USF didn't have any schools in its market to fight against, unlike a certain school just north of two SWC schools.

If UTSA can duplicate this same kind of success, you bet your ass that they will have many suitors coming around, for the TV market, bowl game possible connection, and the destination trip for their other conference mates. They may not be able to do it, but they have a lot of advantages to build off of then a lot of schools. They have no history of losing to keep apathetic alumni or local fans from getting interested, like another school we know. They have a media market that wants to cover them as the home town team. UTSA could easily be the next USF if they get things going in CUSA.

Finally, someone else on board who sees the reality of what UTSA is doing. They are definitely playing the strengths they've been given.