Alabama Huntsville was 82 days ago

CMJ

I do believe Benford needs to go but I would of like to see what he could of done with a full healthy roster.

Your move RV

I think with a full, healthy roster, he might have felt he had the backup necessary to charge at Brady and start swinging, instead of just pointing, yelling, and cursing.

But, we'll never know for sure.

I think with a full, healthy roster, he might have felt he had the backup necessary to charge at Brady and start swinging, instead of just pointing, yelling, and cursing.

But, we'll never know for sure.

You are the most knowledgeable person on this message board when it comes to College Basketball. Do you believe that Coach Benford will be fired this year?

• Upvote 1

You are the most knowledgeable person on this message board when it comes to College Basketball. Do you believe that Coach Benford will be fired this year?

You are kind to say that, but I most definitely am not. I wasn't even the most knowledgeable guy on the podcast, and that was a 2 man show. He was the brains, I was just sex appeal.

To answer your question... Unless something happens that voids his contract or otherwise absolves us of our financial commitment to him... No.

I don't think there is any way he gets terminated if we have to eat over one and a quarter million dollars in salary.

You are kind to say that, but I most definitely am not. I wasn't even the most knowledgeable guy on the podcast, and that was a 2 man show. He was the brains, I was just sex appeal.

To answer your question... Unless something happens that voids his contract or otherwise absolves us of our financial commitment to him... No.

I don't think there is any way he gets terminated if we have to eat over one and a quarter million dollars in salary.

I fear you are right. The thing is it will cost this university so much more long term to NOT terminate the contract.

But, we are UNT, and all we ever do is look at this year's bottom line.

TJ Taylor and Walton out so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not trying to make excuses, just want to see what would happen.

Taylor isn't eligible this year per NCAA transfer rules. He had to sit anyway to so being able to get his shoulder fixed is one thing, but he wouldn't have been on the court this year except in practice.

Question: If Benford lands another position as an assistant, would that salary be deducted from the buyout? I know that this would be the case if he were to be hired as a head coach, but does the same apply to all college coaching jobs?

Also, is there a clause in his contract pertaining to extreme incompetence and lack of collegiality toward fellow conference coaches? Just kidding!

Question: If Benford lands another position as an assistant, would that salary be deducted from the buyout? I know that this would be the case if he were to be hired as a head coach, but does the same apply to all college coaching jobs?

Also, is there a clause in his contract pertaining to extreme incompetence and lack of collegiality toward fellow conference coaches? Just kidding!

I wish there was a clause for the team having several technical fouls in one game. :)

• Upvote 1