aTm beat this Bama team...

emmitt01

A&M was as good as anyone at the end of the year.

I don't think the SEC is as far ahead of the other conferences as this game would lead you to believe but there's no doubt they are the best league in the country. To think that an undefeated team from there was left out in 2004. It'd be hard to keep any 1 loss SEC champ out of the game now. Auburn really got screwed.

The Aggies did not beat this Alabama team. The Alabama team the Aggies defeated played like a middle of the road MAC team. The team that whipped Notre Dame was the real Alabama team that played the other 12 games. I was happy that A&M defeated Alabama, But anyone who says Texas A&M is the National champion needs to go back and watch the Louisiana Tech game where they defeated Tech, 59-57. They were outgained 450 yards to 395 yards and La Tech missed two two-point conversions.

The Aggies did not beat this Alabama team. The Alabama team the Aggies defeated played like a middle of the road MAC team. The team that whipped Notre Dame was the real Alabama team that played the other 12 games. I was happy that A&M defeated Alabama, But anyone who says Texas A&M is the National champion needs to go back and watch the Louisiana Tech game where they defeated Tech, 59-57. They were outgained 450 yards to 395 yards and La Tech missed two two-point conversions.

I don't think I've seen ANYONE claim that aTm is the national champ. Likewise, I think you're delirious to think that aTm wasn't playing their best football at season's end too.

Notre Dame was pretty legit. They defeated the Pac 12 champ and the co-champ of the Big XII. Obviously they were overmatched tonight, but let's not pretend like they didn't have any quality wins. Just because they got dominated in a title game doesn't mean they didn't deserve to be there. LSU got curb stomped last year by Bama (did they even cross the 50?). It can happen to anybody.

• Upvote 1

The Aggies did not beat this Alabama team. The Alabama team the Aggies defeated played like a middle of the road MAC team. The team that whipped Notre Dame was the real Alabama team that

played the other 12 games. I was happy that A&M defeated Alabama, But anyone who says Texas A&M is the National champion needs to go back and watch the Louisiana Tech game where they defeated Tech, 59-57. They were outgained 450 yards to 395 yards and La Tech missed two two-point conversions.

Still pissed over the Redskins loss are we?

By the way, and I hate to keep harping on the Aggies here, but if your an invested Mean Green alumn and need a reason to care for the cult down in College Station I have a couple for you.

First, one of the three designers of the current version of Boomer is an Aggie. And second,..... two Fall's ago I had a problem with Boomer I was trying to get resolved and in doing some research I found the gentleman, Bob Byrns who basically saved "The Spirit of '02" several years back and restored it and currently oversees it's maintenance. If you don't know what "The Spirit of '02" is.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giCShWPELN4.

I had to leave a message on a Friday and Saturday morning Mr. Byrns called me from his home and gave me several options to look at in solving my problem. He was very interested in Boomer and told me if I or the University of North Texas ever needed assistance not to hesitate to call him at home or on his cell and he gave me both numbers.

A very cool dude indeed and a great representative of their school.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Having 6 weeks in between games in a joke. Notre Dame certainly deserved to be in that game, they play one of the toughest schedules every year. A&M played two, count them two, FCS schools in addition to playing SMU, and La Tech who lost to everybody in the WAC except TxState, UTSA, NMSU, and Idaho. Let that sink in.

On one hand, I'm definitely not an aTm fan, as their indoctrinated "we're one unit and everybody else is on the outside" attitude definitely creeps me out.

On the other hand, not only is Johnny Manziel a great player, but he seems like a great kid too, and I agree that by the end of the season, this FRESHMAN helped make that team probably the best in the country. Like Rick, even I have met a few Aggies that I really liked (though most of them, admittedly, were girls) so I'm not completely opposed to everything they have to offer ;)

If the players that replace their seniors help maintain the overall gestalt of the team, I certainly believe that they will be in contention for the national title game. Even though their OOC schedule had some cupcakes in it, the rest of their season was marginally more difficult than just about anyone outside of the SEC. To excuse their two losses, which were probably growing pains for their young QB, as irrelevant is equally shortsighted. Basically, what it comes down to is that if their 2013 season is as strong as their 2012 finish, they will likely end up with 0-1 losses and probably compete for the title. If taking a snapshot of a segment of the season is a valid reason for claiming national title contention, why choose the end of the season? Why not pick other parts of the season and claim K-State as a valid title contender, as well as Oregon?

The playoff system, however limited it may be with only 8 teams, will help answer quite a few of the conundrums here, as most sports see teams from the same league meet in the post season (and many use that as the primary format). My reason for stating the obvious here is that without intra-league post-season matchups and rematches, the only viable standard is to accept the league champion as its best, regardless of who may have upset them on the course to that championship.

it's strange that some on this board have have such a hatred for ut and anyone who brings them up, but seem to have their knee pads on for a&m. who the hell cares about a&m? they have been one of the most overrated football schools of the past two and a half decades, until this year.

and for the record, i don't like ut either.

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

i think it's been so long since a&m was good that people have forgot how f'n bad/irrational their fans can be.

Actually, I mentioned it right above here. And a few years ago at their Thanksgiving UT game, there was a picture in the paper of one of the TX political bigwigs (Sec of State? I forget) bleeding from his FACE because fans were throwing bottles. So anyone who forgot hasn't been paying attention. On the other hand, we completely dominate them in Moot Court every time we face off, if that helps any...

• Upvote 1