Aaron Doddy - ATH

CurveItAround

Didn't see where anyone had posted a video of this guy. Sorry if a duplicate. He looks a little raw, but he is a big, strong, pretty fast kid that we are recruiting as an athlete. It is always nice to have some former QBs sprinkled around the field. Currently only North Texas and TxSt have offered based on info I found, but there are several that are looking at him.

edit: Rivals lists him at 6'4", 190lbs, 4.5 40

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Aaron-Doddy-140876;_ylt=AkVuxkLrw_Ad9K87fhHYxwdIPZB4

ESPN video:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7940755

Edited by CurveItAround
  • Upvote 1

We have a near clone already committed, Calvin Minor of Lewisville. It seems to me that we have too many shoes to fill to duplicate athletes who do not have a real position. I'd love to have him, but come on.

Just bc they are the same size doesn't make them duplicates. Minor is a LB, and played LB. He is being brought in as a LB.

This kid looks like he could fit into a number of different positions. That's why you get athletes. They give you options depending on their frame. He has the body now to be a WR. Throw on 40 lbs over a few years and he can be a TE, DE or LB.

We only have a few scholarships left and we need some kickass defensive linemen and linebackers; preferably who can play this coming year. Zach Orr, Boutwell, McCoy, Bellazin, Wright, and Abbe will be seniors. We don't have the depth to wait while these recruits get up to size, and in some cases, speed.

What recent success we've had has been largely due to defense. We have a few potentially outstanding defensive players but not nearly enough. The defensive backfield has made some good inroads to fortify their position as has the offense except for tight end. But, the front seven is an area of concern. I hope that the last two, three, or four scholarships are spent on defensive linemen and linebackers.

• Upvote 1

There are three excellent defensive tackles that haven't eliminated us...yet; but I'm sure that they will. They are Andrew Billings of Waco; Charles Walker of South Garland; and Matt Romar of Port Arthur Memorial. Tanzel Smart would be only slightly behind Romar and would be an excellent get. The other two possibilities...Taylor Cochran of LaPlace, LA and Victor Howell of Dallas Kimball could be very good also; especially Cochran.

The only linebacker left on the board that really excites me is Kahlee Woods of Sherman. But, unless he and Whitfield are good buddies, I don't see much chance of our getting him.

I just hope that we don't take an unknown early until we see if there's going to be any movement in commitments. Maybe we even hold open a spot or two for some preferred walkons if we are bumping the 85 limit.

Yes! Him and Charles Walker, plus a TE, hopefully someone like Corey Manges http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6064806

Not sure how much of the following link is behind the pay wall, but ESPN reporting that Manges is head to Wake Forest.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/midlands/post/_/id/5400/te-corey-manges-headed-to-the-acc

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...